We believe cohesive, thoughtful design is literally the tie that binds our products, services, and touchpoints together and, is central to Turo's mission of putting the world's 1+ billion cars to better use.
About Our Team
We're a supportive, down-to-earth team of designers who work closely with researchers, product managers, engineers, and other cross-functional peers to discover, validate, and iterate on well-crafted user experiences. We're fully committed to the belief that design fuels outstanding experiences—at Turo there's no need to sell the value of design, we're already devotees.
Your Role And Impact
You will collaborate with cross-functional peers to find new ways to deliver great user experiences and achieve business results. As the voice of design within your team, you will first and foremost focus on beautiful and effective product experiences but have the pragmatism and business awareness to help negotiate tradeoffs that result in great outcomes. Designing at Turo requires an aptitude for validating ideas through research and data, often starting with purposefully bite-sized designs that are aimed at expediting our learning and helping us validate our hypotheses as fast as possible. You’ll approach things systemically and are skilled at moving quickly while maintaining a high bar for the user experience.
- Be an influential design leader within your product team, helping your cross-functional peers deliver a great user experience across our web, iOS and Android new user flows, while moving at speed
- Deliver the full-range of design, from strategy through to pixel level detail. Some days you will be rapidly sketching ideas and launching experiments, others you will be crafting a vision to set a project up for long-term success
- Collaborate with Product Management, Engineering, Research, and Marketing to effectively communicate the value of Turo to all users, while also creating a cohesive brand experience
- Continually analyze, and iterate — leveraging quantitative and qualitative data — to create clear and highly effective designs
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers to continually raise our bar for quality
- Work with cross-functional peers to prioritize and plan implementation details
- A portfolio demonstrating your talent designing for desktop and mobile digital experiences with stories of how your contributions led to quantifiable improvements
- 2+ years of experience designing for digital products that have been released to the public
- Insatiable curiosity to understand user behavior and a compelling desire to remove obstacles so they can achieve their goals
- A passion for connecting your work directly to business outcomes
- A desire to move fast and learn—from rapid prototyping of concepts to delivering the tactical pieces required to launch products
- A love for productive collaboration and a desire to build relationships with a group of smart people who are passionate about what they do
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Employer paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Apple equipment
- Four weeks paid time off, volunteer time off, generous parental leave
- Mobile phone reimbursement
- Wellness reimbursement
- Weekly catered lunch
- Stocked kitchen and beverages
- Company-sponsored happy hours and team events
- Turo owner matching and vehicle reimbursement program
- Monthly travel credit towards booking a Turo vehicle
We're an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. When in doubt, please apply!