It’s taken ten years, hundreds of thousands of trips, and millions of miles to arrive here at Turo. Our marketplace has blossomed into something truly extraordinary — a vibrant community of car owners and travelers who inspire and fuel us every day. We’d love to for you to join us in our mission of putting the world’s 1.5 billion cars to better use.
We are positioned to capitalize on our stronghold as the nation’s largest peer to peer rental marketplace, and have global aspirations to further disrupt the $60 billion international car rental industry. We are connecting vehicle owners whose cars would otherwise be idle with travelers seeking unscripted mobility, creating memories for owners and travelers as they connect through the shared economy. We’re backed by top-tier investors, including IAC, Kleiner Perkins, Canaan Partners, August Capital, Google Ventures, and Shasta Ventures. With a talented, dedicated team, we have changed the way people think about travel and vehicle ownership.
We are looking for a Director to oversee the day-to-day operations of Turo physical damage claims handling. This individual will help create a dynamic work environment, where team members consistently grow their careers, exceed customer expectations and achieve operational excellence in the handling of physical damage claims. This role will be based in our Phoenix, AZ office.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of 50+ team of claims supervisors & associates, driving customer satisfaction, employee engagement and operational excellence
- Develop and execute best in class workforce management to ensure an optimal balance of capacity and efficiency.
- Develop a suite of reporting to effectively measure execution of claims handling best practices, to have clear visibility on claims throughout the handling process and to drive continuous improvement.
- Own the people development plan for Turo claims supervisors and associates, making Turo claims a compelling place for team members to grow their career
- Monitor cost trends and claims accuracy, developing actions and refining processes to improve claims accuracy and eliminate claims handling leakage.
- Drive continuous improvement in the customer experience
- Ensure successful execution on new and existing processes and policies
- Collaborate with other departments and claims team management as needed
- 5+ years of experience managing teams of 50+ in service operations
- Superb people management, communication and operational management skills
- Deep passion for the customer and employee experience
- Strong knowledge of Lean, Six Sigma or other process improvement methodologies
- Advanced communication skills, able to connect to a wide range of audiences
- Prior experience in leading auto physical damage claims or a deep desire to become an expert
- Track record of building and scaling operations
- Competitive salary and equity for all full-time employees
- Employer paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off, paid holidays, paid volunteer time off, and paid parental leave
- Weekly catered lunch with a fully-stocked kitchen
- Company-sponsored happy hours and team events
- Turo host matching and vehicle reimbursement program
- Turo travel credit every month
Turo is the world’s largest car sharing marketplace where you can book any car you want, wherever you want it, from a vibrant community of trusted hosts across the US, Canada, the UK, and Germany. Guests choose from a totally unique selection of nearby cars, while hosts earn extra money to offset the costs of car ownership. A pioneer of the sharing economy and the travel industry, Turo is a safe, supportive community where the car you book is part of a story, not a fleet. Discover Turo at https://turo.com, the App Store, and Google Play, and check out our blog, Field Notes.
Turo has raised $450M to date from top-tier investors, including IAC, Daimler AG, Kleiner Perkins, GV, Canaan Partners, August Capital, and Shasta Ventures.
Turo cultivates a tight-knit team of smart, critical thinkers who care about their work and their colleagues. Our recruiting team is always on the lookout for supportive, down-to-earth, pioneering, and efficient candidates to grow our team's talent and enrich our culture.
Read more about the Turo culture according to Turo CEO, Andre Haddad.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. When in doubt, please apply!