We’re looking for an experienced marketing leader to discover and unlock Turo's next wave of growth through user acquisition. You are a big picture thinker who can seamlessly navigate from high-level strategy to execution with a meticulous attention to detail. You have a proven track record of scaling multi-million dollar media budgets across both digital and offline channels, building a world-class team of acquisition marketers, and implementing cutting edge acquisition marketing tech to automate and scale.
You understand the powerful leverage that comes from organic traffic growth, viral loops, conversion rate optimization, and brand building. So while you are exceptional at driving paid traffic efficiently and optimizing paid media performance, you are always on the hunt for unpaid growth strategies that will multiply your team’s efforts.
This role reports to Turo’s CMO. You will collaborate directly with the exec team and senior leadership across Marketing, Data, Engineering, Product, Finance, and Business Development to define and execute the user acquisition strategy that will achieve Turo’s aggressive growth goals.
Got it? Perfect, we like you already. Let’s talk specifics:
- Develop, plan, and execute growth strategies across both paid & organic user acquisition channels, including SEM, SEO, paid social, online travel agencies, TV, radio/podcast, OOH, display, retargeting, and online video
- Build and lead a rockstar team of acquisition marketers who own the management of their channels from end to end (channel strategy, campaign execution, optimization & analysis)
- Fully own our multi-million dollar media budget, including daily performance tracking and determining the optimal channel mix allocation that maximizes ROI (i.e. LTV/CAC)
- Collaborate with Product, Engineering, and Data to build best-in-class acquisition marketing software that automates and scales our media spend profitably (e.g. LTV models, bidders, budget allocators)
- Partner closely with the Brand Creative teams to continuously test and improve campaign creative, copy, and audience targeting
- Work with the Communications and Brand teams to grow Turo’s brand awareness through buzzworthy brand campaigns and influencer marketing
- Partner closely with Data to measure the incrementality of our acquisition initiatives, and establish a regular reporting cadence on customers acquired, LTV/CAC, and payback period by channel
- Implement marketing best practices and collaboration processes, orienting the team in ways that align directly with Product, Data, Engineering, and other Marketing teams
- Regularly report to exec staff on progress towards goals and participate in senior leadership discussions about company strategy and business performance management
- 15+ years of experience in marketing, growth, and/or related fields
- Proven track record of scaling multi-million dollar media budgets with a laser focus on marginal ROI and payback period
- Deep channel expertise across paid & organic and online & offline, particularly in SEM/SEO, TV, and Paid Social
- Expert in performance marketing and marketing analytics; you are quantitative by nature and make decisions supported by data
- Knowledge of the latest & greatest trends in acquisition marketing technology; experience working with engineers and data scientists to scale acquisition efforts
- Ability to communicate ideas on technical subjects related to acquisition marketing such as attribution & incrementality, lifetime value modeling, and spend optimization
- B2C marketing experience required; experience with two-sided marketplaces strongly preferred
- Track record of building and scaling rock-star marketing teams, including recruitment, team management, and mentoring
- Deep understanding of consumer psychology and mindset
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to communicate and influence effectively across various departments
- Experience working in rapid growth environment that requires flexibility and continuous innovation
- Able to “roll up your sleeves” to do what is needed in urgent situations while maintaining a “big-picture” view. You are excited about the idea of working with a small team to get the job done, even if you sometimes need to do things that are outside of your direct job description
Turo is the world’s largest peer-to-peer car sharing marketplace where you can book any car you want, wherever you want it, from a vibrant community of trusted hosts across the US, Canada, the UK, and Germany. Guests choose from a totally unique selection of nearby cars, while hosts earn extra money to offset the costs of car ownership. A pioneer of the sharing economy and the travel industry, Turo is a safe, supportive community where the car you book is part of a story, not a fleet. Discover Turo at https://turo.com, the App Store, and Google Play, and check out our blog, Field Notes.
Turo has raised $450M to date from top-tier investors, including IAC, Daimler AG, Kleiner Perkins, GV, Canaan Partners, August Capital, and Shasta Ventures.
Turo cultivates a tight-knit team of smart, critical thinkers who care about their work and their colleagues. Our recruiting team is always on the lookout for supportive, down-to-earth, pioneering, and efficient candidates to grow our team's talent and enrich our culture.
Read more about the Turo culture according to Turo CEO, Andre Haddad.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. When in doubt, please apply!