We are looking for a positive, dedicated, articulate, and risk-minded individual to join our Global Trust & Safety Verification Operations team at Turo. Our Verification Operations team ensures the safety of our marketplace by verifying both Guests and Hosts.
This full-time position reports to our Manager, Verification Operations, in our San Francisco, CA office.
- Review and investigate user accounts and activity to determine approval eligibility
- Develop and maintain expert-level knowledge of verification processes and use sound judgment to make decisions about user eligibility
- Examine submitted documents and conduct research to analyze for potential fraud
- Ensure that Turo’s customer and vehicle verification processes are customer-friendly and efficient
- Collaborate with Trust & Safety organization to ensure business and customers are protected from any controllable risks and losses
- Contribute to the oversight of external relationships with our BPO vendors
- Audit performance of outsourced verification representatives to ensure their work meets Turo’s standards
- Respond to internal escalations from other teams regarding verification case information in a timely manner
- Consistently contribute ideas to further improve the customer experience while promoting growth
- Assume responsibility for special projects assigned by management, and contribute to team projects and process optimization efforts
- 1-2+ years of customer dispute, account verification or fraud prevention experience
- Top-notch communication and investigative skills
- Ability to work both in a team environment and independently
- Outstanding attention to detail, with a strong ethic of personal responsibility
- Adaptable to new technology and systems: experience with Zendesk, CRM systems, Google Docs, and MS Office preferred. Mac expertise a plus.
- Experience working with/within an outsourced team
- French or German language skills a plus
- BA/BS or work equivalent required
- Competitive salary and equity for all full-time employees
- Employer paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off, paid holidays, paid volunteer time off, and paid parental leave
- Weekly catered lunch with a fully-stocked kitchen
- Company-sponsored happy hours and team events
- Turo host matching and vehicle reimbursement program
- Turo travel credit every month
Turo is the world’s largest peer-to-peer car sharing marketplace where you can book any car you want, wherever you want it, from a vibrant community of trusted hosts across the US, Canada, the UK, and Germany. Guests choose from a totally unique selection of nearby cars, while hosts earn extra money to offset the costs of car ownership. A pioneer of the sharing economy and the travel industry, Turo is a safe, supportive community where the car you book is part of a story, not a fleet. Discover Turo at https://turo.com, the App Store, and Google Play, and check out our blog, Field Notes.
Turo has raised $450M to date from top-tier investors, including IAC, Daimler AG, Kleiner Perkins, GV, Canaan Partners, August Capital, and Shasta Ventures.
Turo cultivates a tight-knit team of smart, critical thinkers who care about their work and their colleagues. Our recruiting team is always on the lookout for supportive, down-to-earth, pioneering, and efficient candidates to grow our team's talent and enrich our culture.
Read more about the Turo culture according to Turo CEO, Andre Haddad.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. When in doubt, please apply!