Our legal and government relations team at Turo embodies the adventure Turo seeks to bring to the logistics of travel. At the forefront of peer to peer car sharing and mobility, Turo is setting a new course in law and government relations across the country and we are looking for a Commercial Counsel to join our growing team and company.
- Contract drafting, negotiating, and advisory responsibilities for Turo including commercial support for the operations, HR, finance, engineering, marketing, product, international, and business development teams.
- Administration and resolution of legal issues and contract interpretation matters that arise in existing commercial relationships.
- Respond promptly to legal requests from clients, summarizing and communicating legal concepts that business people can use.
- Advise business clients on legal issues and risks, complex agreement structures, approval processes, company policies and procedures, IP and business strategy.
- Support the continuous improvement of standard form agreements and legal processes.
- Ensure compliance with U.S. and international laws and regulations dealing with privacy and data protection, employment, and intellectual property.
- Manage record keeping for all contract-related correspondence and documentation.
- Monitor and complete contract close-out, extension or renewal, as appropriate.
- Communicate contract-related information to all stakeholders
- Hardworking, well organized and able to manage numerous projects simultaneously under deadline pressure with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated experience drafting, reviewing, negotiating, and approving agreements, NDAs, and statements of work/letters of intent, and some complex transactions.
Understand our agreements and agreement playbook, to help our teams successfully resolve exceptions to our templates.
- Coordinate and facilitate communication between internal teams to gain feedback and insight into agreements and initiatives.
- JD degree
- 3+ years of commercial transactions experience.
- Must be admitted, and in good standing, to the bar in which the role is located or otherwise authorized to practice law (e.g., have registered in-house status) in the state in which the role is located (Arizona or California).
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage several simultaneous projects under deadline pressure.
- Superior English communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Preference for candidates with in-house experience working with internet or other technology companies.
- Experience managing, maintaining and/or implementing a contracts management system.
- Bring a strong sense of humor and love of movies, sports, trivia, baking, or pets to our close knit supportive team which is always the life of the party at company events.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Employer paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Apple equipment
- Four weeks paid time off, volunteer time off, generous parental leave
- Weekly catered lunch
- Stocked kitchen and beverages
- Company-sponsored happy hours and team events
- Turo owner matching and vehicle reimbursement program
- Turo travel credit every month
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. When in doubt, please apply!