We are looking for a passionate, creative self-starter to tell the Turo story to Canadian audiences and turbo charge Turo’s brand awareness in Canada. The Communications Manager – Canada will be responsible for all aspects of Communications and Public Relations in Canada, from strategy and ideation to execution.
You will work closely with our local PR agency and Turo’s teams both in Canada and the US to craft and execute high-impact media relations campaigns while establishing Turo’s brand and profile with the media and third parties in Canada. This is a unique chance to use your storytelling, relationship-building and project management skills to drive growth for a startup disrupting a multi-billion dollar industry.
This position reports to Turo’s Managing Director for Canada.
- Drive and own all Canadian PR efforts across all key provinces (Ontario, Quebec, Alberta, British Columbia)
- Define short-, mid- and long-term PR strategy for Canada and work with our PR agency, Turo’s teams and our community of hosts and guests to turn it into reality
- Craft and execute impactful media relations campaigns to tell the Turo story to Canadian audiences across a broad variety of media/channels (online, print, radio, TV, social, etc.)
- Organize newsworthy events to generate media & public interest in Turo and establish Turo as a thought-leader in the Canadian technology, travel and automotive space
- Build and nurture relationships with social media influencers throughout the country
- Monitor and analyze performance of our PR efforts in Canada
- Own communications & PR budget for Canada
- 5+ years of experience in Communications, either in an agency or in-house
- Experience in the technology/e-commerce/travel space a plus
- Strong leadership skills coupled with meticulous execution
- Highly social and emotionally intelligent, being able to listen and communicate with high levels of empathy, while always maintaining a professional approach
- A voracious reader of the news, always able to connect our corporate and consumer story with trends in the news
- Strong foundation of project management skills, and ability to thrive under high pressure
- Data geek – ability to drive coverage with our data
- Ability to quickly solve problems and meet quick deadlines
- Positive mental attitude, high energy, high integrity, strong work ethic, enthusiasm, sense of humor, and a commitment to our mission
- A born networker - keep our relationships going with reporters over coffees, meals and drinks between news cycles, position Turo and our Country Director as thought leader.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic startup environment; you’ll have guidance when you need it, but you’re also goal oriented and can execute without close supervision
- Fluency in French a strong plus
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Employer paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Apple equipment of your choice
- Four weeks paid time off
- Weekly team lunch
- Company-sponsored happy hours and team events
- Turo owner matching and vehicle reimbursement program
- Turo travel credit every month
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. When in doubt, please apply!