Senior Data Analyst, Finance
Turo is seeking a Senior Data Analyst, Finance to join our growing SF team and turbo-charge Turo’s growth in the US. The Analyst will have the opportunity to liaise with different teams within finance, product and engineering to improve how finance data is reported and consumed within the organization.
The analyst will be responsible for tracking key business metrics, perform ad hoc analysis to identify variance and improve reporting for the finance team. The ideal person for this role is passionate about data, marketplaces and finance, and should be able to leverage all of our data to help make the best possible decisions.
- Gather, consolidate, and analyze key financial metrics and understand the root causes of fluctuations
- Build interactive dashboards using Looker/Tableau to visualize data in an easily digestible format, conveying key performance metrics and trends across data sources
- Empower the finance team to understand and leverage data, by developing self-service tools to manage their workflows
- Support data requirements for yearly financial Audit
- Pursue data quality, and relentlessly drive data issues to resolution.
- Partner closely with leaders from the finance team to understand current and future requirements and translating those requirements to Product Requirement Document (PRD)
- Bachelor’s Degree, with 2-5 yrs. of experience as a Business Intelligence Analyst or Data/Business Analyst
- Experience working with engineering, product and finance (Accounting, FP&A, Tax, etc.)
- Extensive experience with SQL; additional experience with BI & visualization tools is a strong plus (i.e. DOMO, Looker, Tableau)
- Top notch quantitative skills; strong proficiency in conducting detailed data analysis and using metrics to drive business results
- Very strong communication skills and ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams and at senior executive level
- Comfortable working with MS Excel and MS PowerPoint
- Must be intellectually curious, eager to learn, self-motivated, detail oriented, and able to multitask
- Positive attitude, high energy, high integrity, strong work ethic, enthusiasm, sense of humor, and a commitment to our mission
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic startup environment; you’ll have guidance when you need it, but you’re also goal oriented and can execute without close supervision
- Competitive salary and equity for all full-time employees
- Employer paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off, paid holidays, paid volunteer time off, and paid parental leave
- Weekly catered lunch with a fully-stocked kitchen
- Company-sponsored happy hours and team events
- Turo host matching and vehicle reimbursement program
- Turo travel credit every month
Turo is the world’s largest peer-to-peer car sharing marketplace where you can book any car you want, wherever you want it, from a vibrant community of trusted hosts across the US, Canada, the UK, and Germany. Guests choose from a totally unique selection of nearby cars, while hosts earn extra money to offset the costs of car ownership. A pioneer of the sharing economy and the travel industry, Turo is a safe, supportive community where the car you book is part of a story, not a fleet. Discover Turo at https://turo.com, the App Store, and Google Play, and check out our blog, Field Notes.
Turo has raised $450M to date from top-tier investors, including IAC, Daimler AG, Kleiner Perkins, GV, Canaan Partners, August Capital, and Shasta Ventures.
Turo cultivates a tight-knit team of smart, critical thinkers who care about their work and their colleagues. Our recruiting team is always on the lookout for supportive, down-to-earth, pioneering, and efficient candidates to grow our team's talent and enrich our culture.
Read more about the Turo culture according to Turo CEO, Andre Haddad.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. When in doubt, please apply!