Turo is looking for an IT Desktop Support Technician to provide enterprise-level assistance to our internal customers. The IT Desktop Support Technician will report to the Director of IT and responsibilities will include resolving network issues, configuring operating systems, maintaining our A/V infrastructure, assisting with company-wide deployments and providing helpdesk support. This person will diagnose and troubleshoot software and hardware problems and assist our users with issues on applications and programs. If you enjoy assisting people in solving their issues and are able to provide customer-oriented support, we’d like to meet you!
Job Duties and Responsibilities: The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by an individual assigned to this job. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide tier 1 technical support with a service oriented mindset
- Research and identify solutions to software and hardware issues
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues, including account setup and network configuration
- Ask users targeted questions to quickly understand the root of the problem
- Track computer system issues through to resolution, within the agreed SLA
- Guide users with simple, step-by-step instructions
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to appropriate next level support personnel (e.g. Systems Administrator)
- Build and contribute to internal wiki/knowledgebase with technical documentation, manuals and IT procedures
- Designs, develops and implements comprehensive, computer-based information systems to ensure users’ needs are met and data is processed according to company specifications and requirements.
- Assist with monitoring and maintaining Service Desk ticket queues
- Assist with monitoring and maintaining other systems such as (Anti-virus, Firewall, MDM, Identity Management)
- Patch Management - Assisting users in updating their computers via MDM automation
- Recommends, develops, and optimize computer solutions. Evaluates effectiveness of programs and offers solutions to enhance effectiveness.
- Researches and makes recommendations on hardware and software purchases.
- The aptitude to learn - we don’t expect you to be an expert now, but we want you to become one quickly!
- Keeps up-to-date on information and technology affecting functional area(s) to increase innovation and ensure compliance.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of in Information Technology or Computer Science. or relevant industry certifications/experience.
- 2-3 years of proven work experience as a Desktop Support Technician or IT Help Desk Technician or similar role
- Hands-on experience with Mac OS/ Linux/Windows environments
- Hands-on experience with Video Conferencing systems (Zoom) and other communication tools
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products
- Familiarity with Service desk ticketing systems (JIRA experience is plus)
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal
- Experience with computer/patch management systems such as JAMF (Casper Suite)
- Experience with Enterprise SaaS applications (such as Gsuite, Slack, Box, Office365, etc)
- General understanding on Identity Management and SSO technologies (Okta)
- Basic knowledge of Information Security best practices
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple, high priority projects with a keen attention to detail
- Exceptionally self-motivated and ability to perform duties under minimal supervision
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities
- Additional certification in Apple OSX or similar technologies is a plus
- An energetic and individual with a positive, “can-do” attitude.
- Initiative – maintain a level of energy and work to achieve goals.
- Dependable – Working independently with little direction
- Sense of urgency – delivers on commitments in a timely and consistent manner
- Problem Solving – Demonstrate ability to sort complex issues, take all critical information into account, and makes timely decisions.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.