Turo is seeking a Finance Manager to join our amazing Financial Planning & Analysis team. Reporting to the VP, FP&A this role will own management and Board reporting, forecasts, and the annual plan. The role will also be the finance partner for the Legal, Government Relations and G&A groups. You will need strong managerial, analytical and system skills. You have the ability to understand the Company’s financial model and strategic goals while also being very detail oriented. The role will get deep into the numbers, crunch data, perform analysis, make recommendations and provide the key information that the senior leadership team will need to make important decisions. We are looking for a self-starter who enjoys collaborating with various teams and is looking to continuously learn and grow.
- Drive management and Board reporting as well as providing key business insights; quantify risks and opportunities in achieving forecasts and explain variances to forecasts, create ad hoc analysis/sensitivities to understand potential outcomes
- Play a lead role in developing and maintaining the planning calendar/processes for the annual plan, quarterly and monthly rolling forecasts – initiate, drive and implement improvements of processes; constantly look to invent and simplify
- Partner with accounting and other members of FP&A on the monthly close process, analysis of results, reporting and forecasting
- Lead beyond budgeting and planning with business partners – be a thought leader and partner with leaders across the business to drive better performance and decision-making
- Manage total company headcount by partnering closely with the HR & Recruiting teams
- Design and build new dashboards to monitor performance metrics; maintain existing dashboards for accuracy and incorporate changes in the business
- Assist in the upkeep of Adaptive Insights and future transformations to the system
- 7+ years of work experience, preferably in a finance role analyzing revenue, expenses, cash flows, and the balance sheet at a high-growth startup or a large, well-established company; marketplace and/or mobility experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or a related field
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and financial modeling skills – you possess high intellectual curiosity
- Solid Excel skills and proficient PowerPoint and Google Apps skills, experience in automation in Excel and/or Google Sheets preferred – you can handle complexity but strive for simplicity
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment; pay close attention to detail with an action-oriented mindset that achieves swift execution
- Strong written and spoken communication skills; ability to connect and influence others and convey technical financial information to non-financial professionals
- Adaptive Insights, NetSuite, Tableau, Domo, Looker, and/or SQL experience is a plus
- Competitive salary and equity for all full-time employees
- Employer paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off, paid holidays, paid volunteer time off, and paid parental leave
- Weekly catered lunch with a fully-stocked kitchen
- Company-sponsored happy hours and team events
- Turo host matching and vehicle reimbursement program
- Turo travel credit every month
Turo is the world’s largest peer-to-peer car sharing marketplace where you can book any car you want, wherever you want it, from a vibrant community of trusted hosts across the US, Canada, the UK, and Germany. Guests choose from a totally unique selection of nearby cars, while hosts earn extra money to offset the costs of car ownership. A pioneer of the sharing economy and the travel industry, Turo is a safe, supportive community where the car you book is part of a story, not a fleet. Discover Turo at https://turo.com, the App Store, and Google Play, and check out our blog, Field Notes.
Turo has raised $200M+ to date from top-tier investors, including Daimler AG, Kleiner Perkins, GV, Canaan Partners, August Capital, and Shasta Ventures. Turo cultivates a tight-knit team of smart, critical thinkers who care about their work and their colleagues. Our recruiting team is always on the lookout for supportive, down-to-earth, pioneering, and efficient candidates to grow our team's talent and enrich our culture.
Read more about the Turo culture according to Turo CEO, Andre Haddad.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. When in doubt, please apply!