Data is our fuel at Turo. It is ever-more abundant and valuable, but it’s a raw material. Harnessed by data scientists and machine learning engineers, it propels Turo on its mission to put the world’s 1+ billion cars to better use, delighting our customers with matching the right car for their next adventure from an exceptionally diverse selection, and at the same time helping our marketplace remain safe.
At Turo, you will have the opportunity to use the latest technologies to build robust scalable solutions for collecting, analyzing large data sets, creating and maintaining data pipelines, data structures and reports. In this role, you’ll partner closely with software engineers, data analysts, and data scientists to power analytical data products, experimentation, and machine learning models.
- On a daily basis, you will work
- You will work with members of the team to update our data engineering roadmap and execute upon those initiatives.
- Past experience building ETL processes
- Strong programmer who views their code as a craft
- Experience with a workflow manager — Airflow, Luigi, Jenkins, etc.
- Experience working with data tools in the public cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Is able to have low level technical discussions with other engineers while still being able to explain concepts to less technical members.
- Enjoys mentoring & teaching other engineers
- 3+ years of relevant experience
Turo is a car rental marketplace where travelers can rent any car they want, wherever they want it, from a nationwide community of local car owners. Our mission is to reinvent the car rental experience and put the world’s one billion cars to better use.
We’ve grown the business by over ten times in the past two years and raised over $200 million from investors like Daimler, SK Holdings, KPCB, Google Ventures, August Capital and Shasta Ventures.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.