Front End Developer
Start date: ASAP
Location: Remote/Bristol or London. At the moment we are only able to accept candidates based in the UK.
Who are we?
We recognised a global problem. Millions of ordinary people contribute to our investment system through ISAs, workplace pensions, and other investments. Yet most have no visibility over where their money is going and no voice at the many companies they own through their investments. The result? A society that is disengaged and an investment system that is failing to address critical social, environmental and governance challenges.
Tumelo was founded to change this. We believe every investor should be empowered to use their shareholder voice to create change on issues like climate, gender and human rights at companies where their money is invested. Our software shows investors the companies they own and empowers them to engage on issues they care about. In doing so, we help investment firms connect with customers so they can better serve people and protect our planet.
We’ve recently raised $19m Series A, we are growing at pace, heavily investing into our people and our product and have an exciting roadmap ahead of us.
Big change takes time but we are patient and ambitious in equal measure; influencing the system, building a movement and empowering the world. Want in?
What our team say:
“People actively help each other and make time for it. Every week I've learnt something new. Flexibility is respected. People are here to work and deliver, not to have meetings for the sake of it”.
“Everyone here is treated as a valuable member of the team and no good deed goes unnoticed. I feel appreciated and respected constantly. The culture is full of fun and the people are all fab. Would recommend to anyone”.
“Everybody is so passionate about what they do, which is great for motivating each other. Our ideas are heard and encouraged. There is such trust and support all throughout the business and everyone is always eager to help”.
“Great culture, flexibility, good work/life balance, a worthwhile job (promoting shareholder rights) and amazing colleagues”.
What the press says:
This role is focused on the front-end elements of Tumelo’s offerings, our consumer-facing platform: a user-focused and interactive dashboard that is white-labelled and delivered on our partners behalf to provide end users with transparency and voting on their investments.
We would be especially interested to speak with candidates that have a minimum of 3 years commercial experience with the following. Don’t worry if you don’t meet all the criteria, we still want to chat.
- You use your extensive experience with HTML/CSS and your deep knowledge of UI/UX to craft exceptional responsive web apps.
- Building SPAs in Next.js/React is a common fixture of your experience.
- You’re a strong supporter of end-to-end testing using one of the major frameworks such as Playwright.
- You’ve considerable experience working with RESTful APIs in the context of an SPA along with a firm understanding of the Open API Specification.
- You’re a natural with Git and ideally familiar with GitLab.
- You have a strong understanding of front-end performance.
- You support efforts to build frontend experiences that hold to the principles of accessibility.
- You’re a strong proponent of the DevOps culture and strive to operate in a high-performance team environment.
- You have worked in agile, fast-paced teams, building new-to-market digital products.
It would be great if you have the following skills/experience but it’s not strictly essential.
- Experience working with AWS/GCP and you’ve used Terraform.
- Experience with AWS Amplify for deploying frontend applications.
- Broad understanding of micro services architecture and how to work with services in a performant way.
- Basic experience with Go.
- Basic understanding CI pipelines - ideally GitLab CI.
What we offer:
- Generous company share scheme - we are all owners of Tumelo and beneficiaries of our collective success.
- £50 per month wellness budget – pick the benefit that works for you, whether that’s a monthly gym membership, a regular massage, career coaching or a regular delivery of healthy food. There are over 1000 things to choose from!
- Flexible times with core communication hours of 10-3.
- We're remote-first but we have an office in Bristol and London you are welcome to use, and we get together once a month as a team to strategise, invest in our culture and have fun.
- 5% employer pension contribution.
- Flexible holiday policy of 33 days including bank holidays.
- As we continue to grow, we intend to increase our employee benefits package so expect more in future!
Working here, you'll grow more than you would anywhere else; you will join a team who will appreciate you every day; your contributions will genuinely change our business outcome; and you will be proud to make a lasting, positive impact on the global investment system.
- First interview: You and your experience
- Second Interview: Technical interview & Task
- Third Interview: Meet our CEO