Sr. Product Analyst
An analyst well-versed in statistical analysis and algorithm design, ready to be let loose on Tumblr’s many terabytes of data.
What You'll Do:
- Experiment with big data, big systems, and big challenges with an extraordinarily small and talented team.
- Partner with Product and Engineering teams to solve problems and identify trends and opportunities for user growth
- Build key data set and user behavior models to empower exploratory analysis
- Influencing product decisions through data analysis
What We’re Looking For:
- BA/BS degree in quantitative field strongly preferred.
- 5+ years of experience working with very large datasets of varied levels of structure.
- Must have Python experience
- Knowledge of SQL skills against large datasets.
- Proven quantitative skills, ability to think analytically, and strong attention to details.
- Smarts, humility, and equal willingness to learn and teach.
- Ability to work with APIs in Python a plus (e.g. Google Analytics, Tumblr).
Tools We Use:
- SQL, HQL, Python
- Hive, MySQL
- Tableau, Flask
- Google Sheets, Excel
- Git, Jira
Other Tools We Like:
- Jupyter, Luigi
- Pandas, Scikit-learn