Tumblr is looking for an engineer and perfectionist to develop scalable, accessible, and cross-browser/cross-platform compatible experiences, working alongside web, Android and iOS engineers. We need someone who can take ownership of entire features, quickly shift gears between projects, and never have any trouble finding more work to do.
What you'll do:
- Build Tumblr’s next great thing.
- Own a feature from its inception through development, debugging, and release.
- Dream up new features and ways to make the ones we have work better.
What we’re looking for:
- Good taste and a keen sense of the user experience in product design.
- Unwavering attention to detail, and an appreciation for clean, pragmatic, and reusable code.
- Strong knowledge in PHP or a willingness and ability to apply knowledge of Python, Java, or Ruby to the PHP world.
- Demonstrated work beyond front-end code. We want to see experience integrating with backend technologies and services.
- Complete grasp of the box model.
- An affinity for browser performance optimizations.
- Smarts, humility, creativity, and equal willingness to teach and learn.
Stuff we like:
- Design patterns and MVC frameworks.
- Git and GitHub