Our mobile team is looking for an experienced Android engineer with good taste and a desire to make Android apps pretty. This is a role for someone with a strong sense of usability and design who can manage their workload with minimal direction. “Take a feature and run with it” would be their motto if they had one. You should have a solid portfolio of well designed and user-focused Android applications to show us.
What you'll do:
- You’re going to work on our Android app. Make new things. Make old things better. You know, development.
- Collaborate with the rest of our small, talented team of designers and engineers on the above.
- Own a feature from its inception through the design process, development, debugging, and release.
What we're looking for:
- Experience with small footprint, concurrent Java.
- WIllingness to spend the time obsessively testing features that are functional and engaging.
- A thorough understanding of Tumblr’s features and specific ideas for making them better.
- Smarts, humility, and equal willingness to learn and teach.
Tools we use:
- Android Studio