We're seeking a Director well-versed in statistical analysis and algorithm design, ready to be let loose on Tumblr’s many terabytes of data.
What you’ll do:
- Collect, analyze, and report on the progress of long-term company goals as articulated by the leadership team.
- Turn data collection and analysis into actionable recommendations for product features.
- Hold regular meetings with engineering, product and leadership teams to share new data and analysis, and help make data a cornerstone of decision making in the company.
- Improve data extraction and analytics methodologies to expedite product testing.
- Be the team’s liaison to Product Managers. Provide them with information about how features are being used and suggest opportunities to improve engagement.
- Serve as the main point of contact for people who need your team’s expertise.
- Set the team’s long- and short-term priorities, and make sure they’re aligned with company goals.
- Create an environment in which your team members are continuously challenged and exposed to new opportunities.
- Make sure your team has all the resources it needs to operate effectively, and clear out any obstacles that might be getting in their way.
What we’re looking for:
- MS Degree in a quantitative field (eg. Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Computer Science).
- 5 years of experience in consumer-facing product analytics, especially social media and user interaction data analysis.
- Minimum 3 years managing a team.
- Experience using multiple models and methods for measuring, analyzing, and reporting on user interaction data.
- Extensive experience in solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches
- Experience extracting data and deriving insights to facilitate product development
- Experience with user growth and retention in an Internet-based company a plus
- An effective manager and communicator who can articulate a clear direction for the team, set expectations for performance, and foster a positive working environment.
- A coach and mentor who sets an example for the team and encourages new ideas.
- Patience, a sense of humor, and an equal willingness to teach and learn.