What you’ll do:
- Build and maintain the infrastructure/architecture aspects of our front end stack: build processes, unit/functional testing, tools to enforce code quality, monitoring and improving performance.
- Define proper code patterns and conventions, teach others to employ them, and make sure they’re enforced.
- Collaborate with Product, Mobile, and Back end engineering teams on cross-team projects.
- Mentor junior front end engineers.
- Make a lasting impact on the future of front end development at Tumblr as you help to define it.
What we’re looking for:
- Expertise in browser performance—you understand the critical rendering path and you always achieve 60 fps.
- The drive and ability to see a project through from concept to implementation.
- You have your finger on the pulse of the front end development community. You know about The New Hot Thing and you have good instincts for whether or not The New Hot Thing is production-ready and will actually solve a problem that we have.
- Someone who plays well with others
- An equal willingness to learn and teach.
- An endless curiosity about how stuff works.
Stuff we like:
- Backbone.js, react.js, lodash
- gulp, npm, webpack, sass
- Git and GitHub.