TULA is looking to expand beyond the US and is in need of a highly qualified individual to lead our international expansion from the ground up in support of rapid growth for our brand, business, and team. We are looking for a results-driven leader with a strategic mindset, proven track record launching consumer brands in multiple new markets, and an entrepreneurial attitude. This role reports directly to the CEO.
TULA’s HQ is currently based in NYC, but this role can be based internationally, and we are open to sponsorship of work related visas.
- Build a cohesive strategy for international expansion over the next five years and beyond to determine where to go when - including research and market assessments to prioritize, e.g., market size / opportunity, strategic / brand relevance, and operational considerations including complexity & risks
- Develop go-to-market strategy tailored to selected markets, including channel strategy, marketing / brand building plans, and operational support needed
- Source, recommend, negotiate, and own third party relationships with distributors and vendors necessary to launch new global markets, partnering with VP of Sales on retailer expansion
- Identify and project manage all cross-functional work streams necessary to launch in new markets, and work closely with other leaders and teams (namely Retail, Digital & E-commerce, Brand Marketing, Operations) to launch
- Execute go-to-market strategies across key markets to hit aggressive targets and set the brand and business up for long-term, sustainable success
- Partner with functional leaders to define the scope of global P&L; own and manage market P&Ls, partnering with channel owners to deliver results
- Design the team structure needed to support our international strategy, including recruiting and retaining a high caliber team
- Build the tracking systems and success measures for entry, ramp, and growth in each market
- Partner closely with in-house and external supplemental agency support as needed across Regulatory and Legal to ensure compliance, risk management, and brand defensibility
- Ensure Board alignment on international expansion throughout process
- 10+ years of experience in international expansion, general management, growth strategy, business development
- Proven track record launching consumer businesses in global markets required, experience in China strongly preferred
- Experience owning and managing a P&L required
- Experience in beauty strongly preferred
- Experience in digital / e-commerce strongly preferred
- MBA preferred but not required
- Ability to travel required
About TULA Skincare
TULA is the leading probiotic skincare and wellness brand, offering innovative products powered by probiotics and superfoods that are both clean & effective. As a digitally native and social first brand, we engage our customers at every touchpoint to help them feel confident in their skin and make it easier to achieve a healthy balance, inside and out. Alongside TULA.com we retail with ULTA Beauty, Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, Dermstore, QVC, and Amazon. We raised a Series A led by L Catterton, the largest consumer-focused private equity group in the world. Our team has experience in some of the top consumer startups and beauty companies. TULA headquarters are based in New York City.