TULA Skincare is looking for its first Editorial Director to drive copy & editorial strategy across platforms. The ideal candidate is an expert in both organic & performance writing for digital & retail channels. They are skilled at brand storytelling & bringing campaigns to life through words—thinking like a consumer, marketer & journalist simultaneously. They have experience scaling copy & editorial operations in high-growth environments & can see the big picture, while also exhibiting a scrappy, roll-up-your-sleeves spirit.
Reporting to the Director of Brand Marketing, the Editorial Director will manage & mentor a team of writers. This is an exciting opportunity to grow a team & be an integral part of shaping TULA’s brand voice. This is a full-time role based in New York in TULA’s Nomad headquarters (but we are of course remote for now!).
- Direct & project manage copy operations across the company—Brand, PR, Social & Content, Performance, Digital & E-Commerce, Retail, Product Marketing, Influencer, Special Projects—ensuring timelines, deliverables, brand voice, copy standards (ie. style, proof-reading, fact-checking, regulatory guidelines) are met
- Drive editorial strategy & manage editorial calendar for multimedia content, flexing & iterating the approach in ways that resonate deeply with TULA’s community while communicating TULA’s brand with consistency—includes video & audio scripting, developing TULA.com community pages, SMS, email programs, & beyond
- Drive copy & editorial strategy for 360 degree marketing campaigns, creating writing that delivers a balance of results & inspired creative work
- Partner with PR as a thought partner to ideate & identify unique brand stories to tell in consumer & B2B press
- Manage & mentor a team of two in-house copywriters, overseeing daily work while also contributing to team outputs. Own hiring of additional copy talent as needed
- Partner with Product Marketing to name & write copy for products across TULA’s portfolio, helping to create compelling messages for different target demographics & product categories
- Partner with our SEO agency plus Digital & E-Commerce team to ensure copy is optimized across platforms. Share copy insights across teams
- Coach the team in their understanding of marketing compliance laws & regulations as the advertising, cosmetics & supplement industries evolve
- Evolve brand voice, ensuring it’s driving authenticity, trust & a sense of community between TULA & its customers
- Help guide & evaluate project briefs to ensure a balance of results & on-brand language before drafting & execution.
- 7+ years of experience in multichannel content creation (publishing, journalism, branded content), digital-first experience is a must
- Expert in directing copy for both brand marketing & performance marketing channels plus producing short & long-form content
- Proven track record for communicating brand with consistency & in using writing to drive community
- Expert in translating data findings across brand & performance messaging
- Experience leading a team of writers
- Ability to work independently & collaboratively across multiple projects, juggling copy projects & internal clients
- Exceptional writing, fact-checking & proofreading skills, plus attention to detail
- Impeccable project management, organization & communication skills
- Experience & passion for writing copy for beauty/skincare is a plus
- Demonstrates an understanding of social media & is consistently up to date with trends & culture
- Experience working in a startup or high-growth environment preferred