TULA Skincare is looking for an experienced Senior Director of Brand & Innovation to help build and market our rapidly growing clean & effective skincare brand, which offers innovative products powered by probiotics and superfoods. The ideal candidate will have a proven track-record building brands in beauty, experience leading NPD in skincare, and a deep passion for building happy, effective teams. This Senior Director will lead our Product Marketing & Product Development teams, building out additional functional teams/capabilities over time. This role is on the Brand team, reporting directly to the VP of Brand. TULA headquarters are based in New York City, but we are working remotely for the time being!
- Evolve our brand strategy, ensuring TULA skincare is a differentiated, top of mind brand at the intersection of beauty & wellness that inspires confidence
- Set vision & lead team to evolve all brand pillars, brand storytelling & brand positioning within larger beauty, self-care & wellness industries
- Own strategic product innovation, identifying white space, sizing business opportunities using customer insights, data, trends & a passion for skincare
- Lead concepting, positioning & messaging for new product launches & core product portfolio to increase brand awareness, drive new customer acquisition and hit aggressive revenue growth targets
- Establish NPD & core resupport strategy, calendars & creative ideas/ themes for quarterly campaigns, new launches & other key brand moments
- Own & build overall assortment strategy, customer segmentation & franchise approach continually learning, gathering insights, bringing in external industry best practices, trends & benchmarks
- Ensure strong partnership and processes with Creative, Social & Content, Editorial, Retail & Ecommerce teams
- Ensure on budget and on time delivery of NPD, partnering with Operations team, to deliver ambitious innovation pipeline
- Research & anticipate where the market will be in five years and beyond to enhance our overall approach to innovation and future-proof the brand
- Champion the TULA culture and core values, including coaching and developing a growing team
- Serve as thought partner to the VP of Brand, with ability to collaboratively make decisions & build a forever brand
- 10+ years of experience in beauty brand marketing / brand development
- Proven track record leading NPD in skincare
- Proven ability to lead, develop, and grow teams
- Ability to thrive within a fast-paced startup environment and balance competing priorities, as well as a willingness to “roll up your sleeves” and pitch in to ensure successful execution
- Love pop-culture, skincare, health & wellness!
About TULA Skincare
TULA is the leading probiotic skincare and wellness brand, offering innovative products powered by probiotics and superfoods that are both clean & effective. As an omni brand, we engage our customers at every touchpoint to help them feel confident in their skin and make it easier to achieve a healthy balance, inside and out. Alongside TULA.com we retail with ULTA Beauty, Nordstrom, Dermstore, QVC, and Amazon. We raised a Series A led by L Catterton, the largest consumer-focused private equity group in the world. Our team has experience in some of the top consumer startups and beauty companies. TULA headquarters are based in New York City.