Maniyar Capital Advisors UK Ltd. (“MCA”) seeks candidates to help build out its Investor Relations (“IR”) function. MCA manages a fund spinning out of the Tudor group which focuses on global macro via a research-led trading mode which combines “man and machine”. The role, which is based in MCA’s London office, offers the chance to help work on areas across the IR spectrum. It is designed to give the successful candidate a firm understanding of not just the client facing parts of IR but also of the mechanics required to guide an investor through the entire lifecycle of investment from due diligence to subscription to redemption.
- The role is designed to give a firm foundation cross four crucial function areas:
- Support for the marketing function. This involves the creation of new marketing materials, involvement in side letter negotiation and enforcement and answering certain investor queries;
- Primary responsibility for working with the fund administrator on the processing of subscriptions and redemptions. This will involve substantial work with investors to ensure that the documents are fully completed;
- Coordination of ODD or operational due diligence by both prospective and current investors; and
- Working with the CFO and CRO to produce detailed position and related reports for investor consumption.
- The role reports to the Head of IR
- The position is primarily IR operations focused and so the bulk of interaction will be internal to the firm and with the fund administrator although some client exposure is required
- Some travel to the US may be required during the initial phase of the role
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Strong quantitative skills are required as in-depth data analysis and equations will be required to produce investor reports
- Strong Excel skills as the creation and maintenance of complex spreadsheets will be required
- Strong communication (verbal and written) skills
- Knowledge of an interest in financial markets a plus
- Prior experience in bank or hedge fund IR or Operations departments a major plus