Tudor is searching for a junior database engineer interested in automation and various open and proprietary database technologies. The engineer would be joining a dynamic team working within a rapidly evolving project and support environment. The role will be focused on configuration, automation, and optimization of the development process, production platforms as well as new technology research/development and integration into the firm’s evolving technology portfolio.
- Provide support for dbms technologies to internal developers and analysts.
- Participate in further design of scalability, redundancy, and fault-tolerance for the firm’s software environment.
- Build/integrate with monitoring and alert systems to increase internal visibility and automatically respond to incidents in our various environments.
- Understand, implement, and automate security controls, governance processes, and compliance validation.
- Design, build, and maintain tools to automate operational processes.
- Work with the development teams to identify and remove performance bottlenecks, scaling chokepoints, single points of failure, and to optimize firm’s software and systems.
- Participate in the containerization driven software re-platforming projects from the design, deployment, integration and support perspectives.
- Stay up to date on relevant technologies, trends, and opportunities to ensure Tudor uses the best possible techniques and tools.
- Actively participate in planning meetings and collaborate with the team to identify and implement the best technical solutions for the company.
- Work side by side with the Infrastructure teams to transition legacy administration practices into IaaS wherever possible.
- A desire to continually expand your knowledge on dbms technologies
- 1-2 years of relevant experience would be advantageous.
- Experience and understanding of RDBMS, Kafka, MongoDB; understanding of RHEL.
- RedHat Ansible expertise is desired. Understanding of roles, custom module and module development.
- Knowledge of development tool chains such as Jenkins, TeamCity, Git, Make, Maven, Conda, Artifactory would be ideal.
- Python proficiency