Working directly for a portfolio manager the responsibilities include economic modelling and research, monitoring of risk in the portfolio and supporting macro trades across a range of global markets, with a focus on fixed income. The applicant must have prior experience in the fixed income space. The applicant will work closely with the portfolio manager monitoring and executing trades for the portfolio. Successful candidates will be strong in quantitative modelling and econometrics, and possess exceptional spreadsheet skills.
- Deep dive bespoke analysis of fixed income models, factors and trades.
- Maintain a deep understanding of the limits, stresses and correlations within the portfolio.
- Daily trade review and recording of relevant data within daily market reports. Review portfolio correlations and risk.
- Maintain relationships with key research contacts in the market.
- Development and maintenance of systematic and ad-hoc research and trading models.
- Execution of Macro trades.
- BA/BS or higher degree in computer science/engineering/math/physics.
- VBA/SQL required, Python programming skills with pandas a plus.
- Strong financial, mathematical and spread sheet modelling skills.
- Very strong attention to detail.
- Able to establish and maintain good relations with market analysts.
- Proven ability to prioritise work and meet delivery deadlines, able to work independently.
- Ideally 2 - 4 years post graduate experience.
- Experience in yield curve modelling.
- Depth and breadth of understanding of financial products including swaps and options.
- Experience in developing systematic trading models a plus.