Small team working on a proprietary execution management system for a well-respected hedge fund. Servicing a spectrum of end users – from latency sensitive trading to those requiring a feature rich enterprise solution.
We’re looking for strong C++ developers with a background in robust, well tested projects on Linux. A low latency background is a positive but not essential – we’re looking for good software engineers with an interest in best practices, and a passion for technology and open source. Exposure to messaging middleware and databases is also a benefit.
The developer will work closely with traders and developers in the UK and US.
- Developing core trading components within the EMS
- Contributing to quality control and automated testing
- Working autonomously, while presenting ideas and building consensus within the team
- Interfacing with new trading venues via FIX and binary protocols
- Developing client interfaces and auxiliary libraries for trading, market data, analytics and security data
- Building low latency systems to support the regulatory and compliance requirements
- Providing 2nd tier support for the production environment during trading hours
- Strong academic background with a Bachelor or Master degree in a hard science (with a preference for computer science)
- Minimum of 4 years development experience in C++11 and Boost
- Good problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Ability and interest to work in a team environment
- Needs to be flexible and able to adapt to new requirements and priorities
- Preferred Experience:
- 2 years in low-latency or high performance projects dealing with multi-threaded code