Join Tubi and reinvent the way consumers consume movies and TV! With over 7,500 active movies & TV shows, our users are watching over 14 million hours of the world's largest free catalog of premium content per month. With backing from leading VC firms, and content partners like MGM, Paramount and Lionsgate, we are disrupting the streaming media space.
We are looking for a strong Senior Video Engineer to join our growing video operations team. In this role you will be working with the team on building our consumer streaming digital video experience. This role requires strong communication and leadership abilities in order to lead the team.
Why work here?
- A tight-knit team of passionate people and a tech-first business
- Autonomy and end-to-end ownership
- In addition to VC funding, Tubi TV generates healthy revenue
- We offer very competitive pay, equity, full medical, dental & vision benefits, catered lunch and dinner, gym subsidies and your choice of hardware
- Work with other fellow AVOD enthusiasts
- Opportunity for internal growth
- 5+ years of experience working with video and at least three with streaming digital video
- Exceptional knowledge of ffmpeg, preferably gained through years of industry experience.
- Working knowledge of all common codecs and container formats, including but not limited to AVC, HEVC, VP9, HLS, MPEG-DASH.
- Familiarity with tools like VapourSynth, Bento4 or equivalent.
- A passion for film and bright, striking pixels regardless of display.
*Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.