BUSINESS OPERATIONS & STRATEGY
The Business Operations team serves as the cross-functional partner to Tubi’s leadership team and business unit leads. This function is central to the company’s discipline around data-driven decision making and integral to driving how Tubi markets, sells and prioritizes company-wide initiatives.
Key roles and responsibilities are the governance and timely reporting of key performance metrics, analytical horsepower to turn raw data into actionable insight, and providing overall visibility and alignment across all business units and functions.
As Tubi’s first Business Operations team member, you’ll report to and work closely with the Chief Financial Officer in guiding Tubi’s go-to-market efforts and prioritization of key projects to ensure we meet our business goals. Internally, you will manage performance towards KPI targets and provide thought leadership on how to improve our operations. To succeed in this role, you must have strong leadership, communications and relationships skills as well as strong problem solving and analytical skills. You’ll help us streamline our operations, segment and understand our customer base and identify and model new directions for growth. You’ll bring a passion for technology, education and data, an insatiable curiosity, and the willingness to roll up your sleeves and get the evidence you need to make compelling arguments. You will have significant autonomy, so we’re looking for a player-coach who has “been there done that”, working cross-functionally at all levels of Tubi.
What you’ll do:
Understand the Business and its Drivers
- Develop a thorough and three-dimensional understanding of the business operations to include business unit drivers, key stakeholders and individual roles and the interoperability between all departments and teams.
Strategic Planning and Analysis
- Partner with key stakeholders by leading or project managing strategic projects that derive business insight and intelligence from internal/external data.
- Partner with analysts and subject matter experts to define and drive analyses aimed at developing a deep and holistic understanding of product performance, growth drivers, and trends.
- Leverage analytical insights to drive organizational decision-making and strategy.
- Identify opportunities to gain operational efficiencies & develop an organizational roadmap to implement processes at scale.
- Identify and communicate risks to hitting goals and recommend optimizations.
Business Systems and Data Infrastructure
- Work closely with data engineers, analysts, finance and business heads, assess current business systems and processes and distill into systematic, unified and scalable process flows.
- Perpetually refine operational systems and data architecture to stay ahead of the company’s needs.
Reporting and KPIs
- In close partnership with Finance, own the tracking, refinement and reporting of key business metrics and develop a cadence and structure in our ability to report and explain the business.
- Create, manage and automate operational reports and dashboards to monitor the performance of the company.
Who we are looking for:
- BA/BS/Masters in Economics, Business, Engineering, Finance or other quantitative focus
- 6+ years’ experience in high-impact, analytical roles in sales/business operations, finance, and/or management consulting. Experience in business development and/or fast paced technology company a strong plus.
- A strategic thinker with excellent business judgment and strong product sense
- Deep experience analyzing data and the ability to use data to drive insights and decision-making
- Ability to execute research projects, and generate practical results and recommendations
- Expert knowledge of Excel
- High-energy, team player: works collaboratively and effectively across a diverse set of functions, backgrounds, and working styles.
- Proactive and relentless: Independently capable of seeking information, solving conceptual problems, corralling resources, and delivering results in challenging situations.
- Highly Innovative problem solver: possessing strong interpersonal, multi-tasking, organizational, and project planning skills, and demonstrating ability to meet aggressive deadlines.
- Experience defining analytical projects and using data to drive insights and decision-making
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to deal with complex problems and present recommendations and findings in a clear, concise format.
- Genuine passion for technology, data-driven mindset, and/or entrepreneurship.
- Quick and scrappy learner who adapts well to a fast-moving environment and gets things done, combines creativity, problem-solving skills, and a can-do attitude to overcome any obstacle
- Bonus points for: SQL, R, Python or other programming languages; experience querying large, complex data sets to understand at a granular level what’s happening in the business