Tubi is a data-centric company, from product roadmap decisions to algorithms that power our services to what shows we license, data and experimentation are at the center. We are looking engineers passionate about building delightful user experiences using machine learning. As one of the founding members of our data team, you will not only have full autonomy and end to end ownership but also help set a culture of rigor and experimentation for the entire company.
Some of the problems you may work on include using machine vision to classify video, build models to understand the impact of various product features on our users long term engagement, use sophisticated algorithms to dynamically adjust ad load in real-time and help our users quickly find a movie or a TV show from our catalog, currently the largest in the world.
- MSc or PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Physics or related field
- 3+ years of industry experience in a data related role
- Hands on experience with at least two of the following areas: recommender systems, reinforcement learning, contextual bandits, RNNs (LSTM, GRU, etc), non-linear optimization, learning to rank
- Experience writing production quality code in Python and/or Scala
- Previous experience with Apache Spark
Why work here?
- A tight-knit team of passionate people and a tech-first, data-driven business.
- A culture of innovation and continuous learning
- In addition to VC funding, Tubi TV generates healthy revenue and is close to profitable.
- We offer very competitive pay, equity, full medical, dental & vision benefits, catered lunch, gym subsidies and your choice of hardware.
- Yearly bonuses depending on individual and company performance.