Join Tubi (www.tubi.tv), Fox Corporation's premium ad-supported video-on-demand (AVOD) streaming service leading the charge in making entertainment accessible to all. With over 50,000 movies and television shows, including a growing library of Tubi Originals, 200+ local and live news and sports channels, and 455 entertainment partners featuring content from every major Hollywood studio, Tubi gives entertainment fans an easy way to discover new content that is available completely free. Tubi's library has something for every member of our diverse audience, and we're committed to building a workforce that reflects that diversity. We're looking for great people who are creative thinkers, self-motivators, and impact-makers looking to help shape the future of streaming.
Join Tubi (www.tubi.tv), a division of FOX Entertainment, a premium streaming service leading the charge in making entertainment accessible to all. Headquartered in San Francisco, Tubi is an ad-supported video on demand (AVOD) service with movies and television shows. With over 30,000 titles from every major Hollywood studio, Tubi gives fans of movies and television shows an easy way to discover new content that is available completely free. Tubi's library has something for every member of our diverse audience, and we're committed to building a workforce that reflects that diversity. We're looking for great people who are creative thinkers, self-motivators, and impact-makers looking to help shape the future of streaming. Our services are currently available in the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and Mexico.
About the Role:
We are looking for a talented individual with knowledge in distributed systems to join the Tubi backend team!
As part of the CCS platform team, which serves as the gateway to numerous backend technologies, you will be responsible for creating backend APIs for internal and external partners. In this role, you will create and deliver API functionalities through a variety of services, such as account management, content management, user content queues, image hosting and manipulation, partner contributions, and user history. You will be responsible for scaling with technologies like Kubernetes and gRPC to meet the needs of our customers, while communicating with our customer team to gather requirements and design systems to meet the needs of our internal partners. Our team's goal is not only to provide functionality for our customers, partners, and growing team, but also to be accountable for the reliability of everything we do.
- Design and implement APIs for over 20 platforms that we serve.
- Improve throughput, latency, and reliability of our services.
- Design and implement new systems to better serve Tubi's audience.
- Continuously improve our supported open-source projects such as grpc-elixir.
- 5+ years of work experience.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree from a recognized university.
- Passionate and familiar with functional programming.
- English language proficiency.
- Relevant experience in architecture design, distributed systems, fault tolerance, high availability, and scalable services.
- Experience with gRPC, Envoy, GraphQL, and Kubernetes.
- Fluent in a backend language such as Elixir, Erlang, Ruby, Rust, Scala, or Haskell.
- Understanding of distributed systems engineering and experience with Erlang OTP.
- Familiarity with RESTful, gRPC, database, and k8s.
Tubi is a division of Fox Corporation, and FOX Employee Benefits summarized here, covers the majority of all US employee benefits. The following distinctions below outline the differences between the Tubi and FOX benefits:
- For US-based non-exempt Tubi employees, the FOX Employee Benefits summary accurately captures the Vacation and Sick Time
- For all US-based employees, Tubi offers 12 paid "Tubi Holidays" in addition to the 11 FOX Corporate Company paid holidays
- For all salaried/exempt employees, in lieu of the FOX Vacation policy, Tubi offers a Flexible Time off Policy to manage all personal matters
- For all full-time, regular employees, in lieu of FOX Paid Parental Leave, Tubi offers a generous Parental Leave Program, which allows parents twelve (12) weeks of paid bonding leave within the first year of the birth, adoption, surrogacy or foster placement of a child. This time is 100% paid through a combination of any applicable state, city, and federal leaves and wage-replacement programs in addition to contributions made by Tubi
- For all full-time, regular employees, Tubi offers a monthly wellness reimbursement
Tubi is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition, or disability. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.