Join Tubi (www.tubi.tv), Fox Corporation's premium ad-supported video-on-demand (AVOD) streaming service leading the charge in making entertainment accessible to all. With over 50,000 movies and television shows, including a growing library of Tubi Originals, 200+ local and live news and sports channels, and 455 entertainment partners featuring content from every major Hollywood studio, Tubi gives entertainment fans an easy way to discover new content that is available completely free. Tubi's library has something for every member of our diverse audience, and we're committed to building a workforce that reflects that diversity. We're looking for great people who are creative thinkers, self-motivators, and impact-makers looking to help shape the future of streaming.
Join Tubi (www.tubi.tv), a division of FOX Entertainment, a premium streaming service leading the charge in making entertainment accessible to all. Headquartered in San Francisco, Tubi is an ad-supported video on demand (AVOD) service with movies and television shows. With over 45,000 titles from every major Hollywood studio, Tubi gives fans of movies and television shows an easy way to discover new content that is available completely free. Tubi's library has something for every member of our diverse audience, and we're committed to building a workforce that reflects that diversity. We're looking for great people who are creative thinkers, self-motivators, and impact-makers looking to help shape the future of streaming. Our services are currently available in the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and Mexico.
About the Role:
We are seeking a talented individual with knowledge of distributed systems to join the Tubi backend team!
The TMPP team is primarily responsible for processing Tubi multimedia content, developing and maintaining multiple pipelines, including transcoding processing for long videos, subtitle/image/metadata processing, and providing multimedia resources for clients. In this role, you will work with existing team members, and collaborate with multiple teams such as Video Team, Content Operation Team, etc. to build and maintain multiple distributed systems, completing the processing of original media content.
- Participate in the development of multiple distributed systems, continuously improve system availability, scalability, and usability
- Collaborate with Video Team to continuously improve the efficiency and quality of video transcoding
- Collaborate with Content Operation Team to provide high-quality content management systems
- Reduce the cost of CDN and Cloud Storage
- 5+ years of work experience
- Bachelor's/Master's degree from a recognized university
- Familiarity with at least one common programming language (Elixir/Erlang/Golang/Ruby/Scala/Python, etc.)
- Familiarity with background job processing frameworks such as Sidekiq, Celery, Oban, etc.
- Willingness to work with Elixir
- Proficient in English as a working language
- Understanding of distributed systems, common database, and caching technologies
- Experience with gRPC/Protocol, Kubernetes is a plus.
Tubi is a division of Fox Corporation, and FOX Employee Benefits summarized here, covers the majority of all US employee benefits. The following distinctions below outline the differences between the Tubi and FOX benefits:
- For US-based non-exempt Tubi employees, the FOX Employee Benefits summary accurately captures the Vacation and Sick Time
- For all US-based employees, Tubi offers 12 paid "Tubi Holidays" in addition to the 11 FOX Corporate Company paid holidays
- For all salaried/exempt employees, in lieu of the FOX Vacation policy, Tubi offers a Flexible Time off Policy to manage all personal matters
- For all full-time, regular employees, in lieu of FOX Paid Parental Leave, Tubi offers a generous Parental Leave Program, which allows parents twelve (12) weeks of paid bonding leave within the first year of the birth, adoption, surrogacy or foster placement of a child. This time is 100% paid through a combination of any applicable state, city, and federal leaves and wage-replacement programs in addition to contributions made by Tubi
- For all full-time, regular employees, Tubi offers a monthly wellness reimbursement
Tubi is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition, or disability. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.