Join Tubi (www.tubi.tv), a division of FOX Technology, a premium streaming service leading the charge in making entertainment accessible to all. Headquartered in San Francisco, Tubi is an ad-supported video-on-demand (AVOD) service with movies and television shows. With over 40,000 titles from every major Hollywood studio, Tubi gives fans of movies and television shows an easy way to discover new content that is available completely free. Tubi's library has something for every member of our diverse audience, and we're committed to building a workforce that reflects that diversity. We're looking for great people who are creative thinkers, self-motivators, and impact-makers looking to help shape the future of streaming. Our services are currently available in the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Mexico, Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, and Panama.
About the Role:
We are searching for a talented and passionate Platform Engineer with distributed systems knowledge to join our team! In this role, you will work closely with product and engineering teams to build flexible APIs that enable rapid iteration and experimentation of our end-user experience. You will continue improving our horizontally scalable video transcoding infrastructure that can utilize thousands of CPU cores to transcode petabytes of video content quickly. You will also be part of greenfield development to enable real-time video transcoding and packaging for our ad creatives. You will be able to learn Elixir in this role as that is the team’s coding language of choice.
- Bachelor's/Master’s degree from an accredited university, or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of industry experience
- Fluency with Elixir, Erlang, Ruby, Rust, Scala, Golang, or Haskell
- Functional Programming
- Proven track record of architecting, building fault-tolerant, high-availability, scalable services
- Experience with any of gRPC, Envoy a strong plus
- Experience with any of FFmpeg, GStreamer, HLS, MPEG-DASH is a strong plus
- Build and maintain high-performance, fault-tolerant and horizontally scalable services
- Design and implement flexible yet straightforward APIs to be consumed by one of our 20+ platforms
- Improve the throughput, latency and reliability of our services
- Design and implement new systems to better serve the Tubi audience
- Participate in our on-call rotation and contribute to incident reviews
- Continue to improve open source projects we sponsor, for example grpc-elixir
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is listed annually below. This role is also eligible for an annual discretionary bonus, long term incentive plan, and various benefits, including medical/dental/vision, insurance, a 401(k) plan, paid time off, and other benefits in accordance with applicable plan documents.
Tubi is a division of Fox Technology, and the majority of all US-employee benefits are covered by FOX Employee Benefits, summarized here. The following distinctions below outline the differences between the Tubi and FOX benefits:
- For US-based non-exempt Tubi employees, the FOX Employee Benefits summary accurately captures the Vacation and Sick Time
- For all US-based employees, Tubi offers 12 paid "Tubi Holidays" in addition to the 11 FOX Corporate Company paid holidays
- For all salaried/exempt employees, in lieu of the FOX Vacation policy, Tubi offers a Flexible Time off Policy to manage all personal matters
- For all full-time, regular employees, in lieu of FOX Paid Parental Leave, Tubi offers a generous Parental Leave Program, which allows parents twelve (12) weeks of paid bonding leave within the first year of the birth, adoption, surrogacy or foster placement of a child. This time is 100% paid through a combination of any applicable state, city, and federal leaves and wage-replacement programs in addition to contributions made by Tubi
- For all full-time, regular employees, Tubi offers a monthly wellness reimbursement
Tubi is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.