Join Tubi (www.tubi.tv), a division of FOX Technology, a premium streaming service leading the charge in making entertainment accessible to all. Headquartered in San Francisco, Tubi is an ad-supported video-on-demand (AVOD) service with movies and television shows. With over 40,000 titles from every major Hollywood studio, Tubi gives fans of movies and television shows an easy way to discover new content that is available completely free. Tubi's library has something for every member of our diverse audience, and we're committed to building a workforce that reflects that diversity. We're looking for great people who are creative thinkers, self-motivators, and impact-makers looking to help shape the future of streaming. Our services are currently available in the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Mexico, Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, and Panama.
About the Role:
The Machine Learning team at Tubi works on core algorithms that define the entire experience of its 33+ million users. We work on different areas such as recommendations, search, content understanding and ads. We are searching for a talented and passionate Machine Learning Engineer to join our team to develop and improve our core algorithms and embeddings. In this role, you will research and develop machine learning algorithms and take full ownership of tackling problems in Tubi’s recommender and content understanding system. You need a strong background in machine learning, hands-on development skills to tackle some of the challenges in a fast-paced dynamic environment and the ability to collaborate well in a cross-functional setting. You will lead the algorithm research and development in different areas of machine learning including large scale feature engineering, relevance optimization for the entire page, designing deep learning/gradient boosted tree based models, balancing exploration vs exploitation, integrating unstructured features like images and videos, developing real time pipelines, etc.
- Design and develop state of the art machine learning models for various supervised and unsupervised machine learning tasks to improve recommendations
- Own end-to-end production of machine learning algorithms including prototyping new ideas and writing code for A/B tests and production
- Conduct AB tests to prove your ideas and share your learnings from the experiment results
- Develop both machine learning and business specific metrics
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university, or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years of relevant industry experiences on recommender systems, learning to rank, ads targeting, reinforcement learning, contextual bandits, deep learning, etc.
- Experience with large-scale datasets, supporting dozens of millions of users
- Ability to write production-quality code that incorporates testing, evaluation, monitoring
- Software development experience in Python, Scala or Java
- Previous experience with Apache Spark, Tensorflow, Pytorch or Keras
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is $201,000.00- $246,000.00 annually for Colorado. This role is also eligible for an annual discretionary bonus, a long-term incentive plan, and various benefits, including medical/dental/vision, insurance, a 401(k) plan, paid time off, and other benefits in accordance with applicable plan documents.
This job cannot be performed in NYC or Westchester County, NY.
Tubi is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.