Join Tubi (www.tubi.tv), a division of FOX Technology, a premium streaming service leading the charge in making entertainment accessible to all. Headquartered in San Francisco, Tubi is an ad-supported video-on-demand (AVOD) service with movies and television shows. With over 40,000 titles from every major Hollywood studio, Tubi gives fans of movies and television shows an easy way to discover new content that is available completely free. Tubi's library has something for every member of our diverse audience, and we're committed to building a workforce that reflects that diversity. We're looking for great people who are creative thinkers, self-motivators, and impact-makers looking to help shape the future of streaming. Our services are currently available in the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Mexico, Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, and Panama.
About the Role:
The Tubi Data Platform team is looking for a hands-on leader! As Tubi continues to grow, an insatiable appetite for data grows with it. Originally built to support our core ML models and recommendation engines, Tubi's data platform has continued to grow in use and scale but is starting to show its age. More real-time streaming use cases with many more dataset publishers and consumers require more innovation and leadership for our small data platform team. You will be responsible for scaling and maintaining high quality infrastructure to make sure we can support the business with performant, scalable, and accurate datasets. Leading the Data Platform team you will have an opportunity to have an outsize impact on an organization where data is core to everything we do. We would prefer this candidate to be located in the pacific standard time zone.
- Build and scale Tubi's primary Data Platform. You will start with a team of at least 5 direct reports
- Your team is responsible for all things Data Platform, from data ingestion pipelines, to the storage, delivery, and discoverability of high quality datasets
- You will build and maintain infrastructure to support real-time streaming pipelines that create massive datasets for use in Tubi's ML pipelines and Data Lakehouse
- You will manage infrastructure for both batch and streaming pipelines for 3rd party data integrations
- You will guide Data Governance with a tireless commitment to high data quality and usability
- You will be expected to be a hands-on leader, guiding your team by example. You will be expected to be technical and competent in the day-to-day data platform operations, but still big-picture enough to build a well-oiled, self-sustaining team that solves business needs
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university, or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years hands on industry experience, and 2+ years of experience leading and managing a team
- Experience being a team lead & comfortable managing a growing and proactive team
- Hands-on experience building out PB scale data lakes on transactional data formats (Delta, Iceberg)
- Deep experience with publishing and consuming streaming datasets with either Apache Spark (Structured Streaming) or Apache Flink
- Strong understanding of distributed queues (Kafka/Kinesis) and distributed databases (Cassandra, Redis)
- Excellent communication / coordination skills to work with a cross functional team to onboard new datasets for diverse business verticals
- Experience working with Terraform, k8s, and building CI/CD pipelines for data applications
- Strong experience in a Scala or Java (scala preferred)
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is listed annually below. This role is also eligible for an annual discretionary bonus, long term incentive plan, and various benefits, including medical/dental/vision, insurance, a 401(k) plan, paid time off, and other benefits in accordance with applicable plan documents.
Tubi is a division of Fox Technology, and the majority of all US-employee benefits are covered by FOX Employee Benefits, summarized here. The following distinctions below outline the differences between the Tubi and FOX benefits:
- For US-based non-exempt Tubi employees, the FOX Employee Benefits summary accurately captures the Vacation and Sick Time
- For all US-based employees, Tubi offers 12 paid "Tubi Holidays" in addition to the 11 FOX Corporate Company paid holidays
- For all salaried/exempt employees, in lieu of the FOX Vacation policy, Tubi offers a Flexible Time off Policy to manage all personal matters
- For all full-time, regular employees, in lieu of FOX Paid Parental Leave, Tubi offers a generous Parental Leave Program, which allows parents twelve (12) weeks of paid bonding leave within the first year of the birth, adoption, surrogacy or foster placement of a child. This time is 100% paid through a combination of any applicable state, city, and federal leaves and wage-replacement programs in addition to contributions made by Tubi
- For all full-time, regular employees, Tubi offers a monthly wellness reimbursement
Tubi is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.