Join Tubi (www.tubi.tv), a division of FOX Technology, a premium streaming service leading the charge in making entertainment accessible to all. Headquartered in San Francisco, Tubi is an ad-supported video-on-demand (AVOD) service with movies and television shows. With over 40,000 titles from every major Hollywood studio, Tubi gives fans of movies and television shows an easy way to discover new content that is available completely free. Tubi's library has something for every member of our diverse audience, and we're committed to building a workforce that reflects that diversity. We're looking for great people who are creative thinkers, self-motivators, and impact-makers looking to help shape the future of streaming. Our services are currently available in the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Mexico, Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, and Panama.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Director of Content Accounting to lead the budgeting, forecasting and tracking of content contracts. The position will support the Finance team and report to Tubi’s Controller. In addition, you will work closely with the Business Operations & Strategy team.
You will play an important role in a critical function that is growing rapidly and will have the opportunity to lead the improvement in our Content Finance operations. This role requires great attention to detail, effective communication skills, and the ability to work both independently and cross-functionally.
We are currently mandatory work from home, but for the long-term we would like this hire to be located near New York City, Los Angeles or San Francisco .
- Ensure the timely and accurate reporting of content and content-related transactions in accordance with industry standards and U.S. GAAP
- Track and analyze P&L and cash flow impact of licensing transactions
- Calculate and verify the accuracy of license payments
- Forecast future licensed content commitments to assess impact on cash flow and billing
- Performing monthly variance analyses comparing expected licensed content profitability to actual
- Develop and improve internal processes for reporting performance on new and existing content licensing structures
- Partner with Legal team to review and document content license agreements and ensure that contractual obligations align with accounting policies
- Support ad-hoc and special projects including systems integration and audit
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university, or equivalent work experience
- 15+ years of experience in content accounting, budgeting, and forecasting at a major studio, media or tech company
- Experience with Production Accounting
- Flexibility and willingness to pivot to new priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Genuine curiosity, keen attention to detail, and strong desire to contribute to the success of the team through data-driven analysis
- Passionate consumer of premium Movies & TV
- Experience with content areas outside of Filmed Entertainment (e.g., Sports, News) a plus
- Advanced Excel skills, Powerpoint a plus
- Enthusiasm for complex problem-solving through financial modeling, data analysis and other statistical modeling
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is $170,200.00 - $207,000.00 annually for California, New York City and Westchester County, NY; $148,000.00 - $180,000.00 annually for Colorado. This role is also eligible for an annual discretionary bonus, long term incentive plan, and various benefits, including medical/dental/vision, insurance, a 401(k) plan, paid time off, and other benefits in accordance with applicable plan documents.
Tubi is a division of Fox Technology, and the majority of all US-employee benefits are covered by FOX Employee Benefits, summarized here. The following distinctions below outline the differences between the Tubi and FOX benefits:
- For US-based non-exempt Tubi employees, the FOX Employee Benefits summary accurately captures the Vacation and Sick Time
- For all US-based employees, Tubi offers 12 paid "Tubi Holidays" in addition to the 11 FOX Corporate Company paid holidays
- For all salaried/exempt employees, in lieu of the FOX Vacation policy, Tubi offers a Flexible Time off Policy to manage all personal matters
- For all full-time, regular employees, in lieu of FOX Paid Parental Leave, Tubi offers a generous Parental Leave Program, which allows parents twelve (12) weeks of paid bonding leave within the first year of the birth, adoption, surrogacy or foster placement of a child. This time is 100% paid through a combination of any applicable state, city, and federal leaves and wage-replacement programs in addition to contributions made by Tubi
- For all full-time, regular employees, Tubi offers a monthly wellness reimbursement
Tubi is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.