Join Tubi (www.tubi.tv), a division of FOX Technology, a premium streaming service leading the charge in making entertainment accessible to all. Headquartered in San Francisco, Tubi is an ad-supported video-on-demand (AVOD) service with movies and television shows. With over 40,000 titles from every major Hollywood studio, Tubi gives fans of movies and television shows an easy way to discover new content that is available completely free. Tubi's library has something for every member of our diverse audience, and we're committed to building a workforce that reflects that diversity. We're looking for great people who are creative thinkers, self-motivators, and impact-makers looking to help shape the future of streaming. Our services are currently available in the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Mexico, Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, and Panama.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Manager of Content Accounting to help manage accounting workflows, budgeting, forecasting and tracking of content contracts. The position will support the Finance team and report to a Senior Manager of Content Accounting. In addition, you will work closely with the Content Acquisition, Business Operations & Strategy and cross-functionally with the Accounting team.
You will play an important role in a critical function that is growing rapidly and will have the opportunity to help with the improvement in our Content Finance operations. You have a vision for and commitment to operational excellence, standardizing processes, and implementing best practices. This role requires great attention to detail, effective communication skills and the ability to work both independently and cross-functionally.
- Be a part of the team responsible for the financial integrity of content-related commitments, assets (capitalization of film costs), liabilities (payment of commitments), and expenses (amortization of film costs)
- Ensure revenue share transactions are properly record along with associated liabilities and partners are appropriately paid
- Ensure that content-related transactions are appropriately recorded on a timely basis and in accordance with GAAP
- Prepare and review monthly & quarterly journal entries, reconciliations, variance analysis and rollforwards
- Partner with Content Acquisition Executives to gain an in depth understanding on underlying content and the status of projects against contractual obligations
- Review, process, and document content agreements including interpreting contractual terms and understanding the application of our accounting policies
- Analyze the P&L, Cashflow and Ultimate impact of current and contemplated content transactions and impacts to current forecasts
- Prepare forecast of P&L and Cashflow for current programming/productions slates and preparation of drivers of difference vs budget, prior forecasts, actuals, etc.
- Develop and improve internal processes for reporting performance on new and existing content deal structures, with a focus on scalability
- Implement and maintain necessary financial systems, working cross-functionally with the accounting team to ensure data is accurate and audit ready
- Help simplify and invent new ways to leverage systems to streamline the contract review and summarization process from ideation to execution and payout
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- 6+ years of overall Accounting/Finance experience; 4+ in content accounting, budgeting, and forecasting at an entertainment/media company
- Experience with content areas outside of Filmed Entertainment (e.g., Sports, News) a plus
- Experience with contract reviews (License agreements, PSA's and other entertainment agreements) and unfazed by high volumes
- Comfortable in an evolving ecosystem of accounting issues and projects. Can identify and focus work on high-risk areas, prioritize, and resolve issues
- Enthusiasm for complex problem-solving through financial modeling, data analysis and other statistical modeling
- Curious and enthusiastic - not afraid to ask probing questions and challenge existing processes and own projects, automate manual workflows, and have fun while doing it all
- US GAAP and SOX controls expertise and ability to operationalize accounting guidance into policy
- Advances Excel skills, PowerPoint a plus
- Legally eligible to work in the United States
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is $130,000.00 - $165,000.00 annually for New York City and Westchester County, NY; $135,000.00- $148,500.00 annually for Colorado. This role is also eligible for an annual discretionary bonus, a long-term incentive plan, and various benefits, including medical/dental/vision, insurance, a 401(k) plan, paid time off, and other benefits in accordance with applicable plan documents. Benefits for Union represented employees will be in accordance with the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Tubi is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.