Join Tubi (www.tubi.tv), a division of FOX Entertainment, a premium streaming service leading the charge in making entertainment accessible to all. Headquartered in San Francisco, Tubi is an ad-supported video on demand (AVOD) service with movies and television shows. With over 40,000 titles from every major Hollywood studio, Tubi gives fans of movies and television shows an easy way to discover new content that is available completely free. Tubi's library has something for every member of our diverse audience, and we're committed to building a workforce that reflects that diversity. We're looking for great people who are creative thinkers, self-motivators, and impact-makers looking to help shape the future of streaming. Our services are currently available in the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and Mexico.
About the Role:
- Develop and maintain cutting-edge player technology across a myriad of devices and platforms including Smart TVs, game consoles, streaming sticks and cable boxes
- Improve media player experience and performance with MSE, EME, WASM, Web Worker, etc.
- Writing highly performant player code that can work on low-spec devices with as little memory usage as possible
- Building innovative player features to help our users enjoy the content
- Working on our open-source player-related library and contributing to the community
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of industry experience
- Experience working with but not limited to web media APIs like MSE (Media Source Extensions) and EME (Encrypted Media Extensions)
- Previous experience with video players like Hls.js, Video.js, Shaka player or dash.js
- A passion for continuously shipping quality code with good test coverage
- Working understanding of browser internals
- Familiarity with Typescript
Tubi is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.