Join Tubi (www.tubi.tv), a division of FOX Entertainment, a premium streaming service leading the charge in making entertainment accessible to all. Headquartered in San Francisco, Tubi is an ad-supported video on demand (AVOD) service with movies and television shows. With over 40,000 titles from every major Hollywood studio, Tubi gives fans of movies and television shows an easy way to discover new content that is available completely free. Tubi's library has something for every member of our diverse audience, and we're committed to building a workforce that reflects that diversity. We're looking for great people who are creative thinkers, self-motivators, and impact-makers looking to help shape the future of streaming. Our services are currently available in the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and Mexico.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Senior Counsel to draft marketing agreements and clear content for marketing campaigns, working cross-functionally internally and with external parties. You are a mid-level attorney with some experience working in an in-house environment. In addition, you possess highly collaborative interpersonal skills, and take pride in personal excellence, displaying a high level of energy and possess a proven ability to thrive in an environment with frequently shifting priorities. We would like this position to report to our Los Angeles, San Francisco, or New York offices, but we will consider allowing the successful candidate to work remotely from any US-based location.
- Working cross-functionally to complete complex commercial agreements, including marketing, partnership, and services agreements with partners, in support of Business Development, Marketing, Sales, Growth, Production, Technology, and Content Licensing
- Providing counsel on industry-specific marketing issues, including sweepstakes/contests, FTC influencer disclosures, and intellectual property clearance for marketing campaigns and the marketing of Tubi Originals
- Must be excited about technology and ready to roll your sleeves up and examine tough legal problems to reach a creative solution
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with broad responsibilities. Members of our team typically have a primary focus in one or two areas, but do work (and must be willing to do work) in other areas of transactional needs that we support: Sales and Commercial Contracts, Compliance Issues for Marketing and Advertising, and Content Licensing
- You must have the ability to operate independently and work proactively with various teams across the organization
- JD received from a well-respected U.S. law school
- 6+ years legal experience required in entertainment marketing contract drafting and negotiation
- 3+ years of in-house legal department experience counseling marketing teams
- Strong transactional background, with familiarity with IT/technology transactions a plus
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex legal transactions and drive them to close amidst interdepartmental concerns
- Admission to the State Bar of California is preferred. Registered In-House Counsel is acceptable, provided the individual is licensed in at least one U.S. state
Tubi is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.