Join Tubi (www.tubi.tv), a division of FOX Entertainment, a premium streaming service leading the charge in making entertainment accessible to all. Headquartered in San Francisco, Tubi is an ad-supported video on demand (AVOD) service with movies and television shows. With over 30,000 titles from every major Hollywood studio, Tubi gives fans of movies and television shows an easy way to discover new content that is available completely free. Tubi's library has something for every member of our diverse audience, and we're committed to building a workforce that reflects that diversity. We're looking for great people who are creative thinkers, self-motivators, and impact-makers looking to help shape the future of streaming. Our services are currently available in the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and Mexico.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Content Accounting Analyst to help with accounting workflows, budgeting, forecasting, and tracking of content contracts. The position will support the Finance team and report to Tubi’s Manager of Content Accounting. In addition, you will work closely with the Content Acquisitions, Business Operations & Strategy and cross-functionally with the Accounting team.
You will play an important role in a critical function that is growing rapidly and will have the opportunity to help with the improvement in our Content Accounting operations. You have a vision for and commitment to operational excellence, standardizing processes, and implementing best practices. This role requires great attention to detail, effective communication skills and the ability to work both independently and cross-functionally.
- Be a part of the team responsible for the financial integrity of content-related commitments, assets (capitalization of film costs), liabilities (payment of commitments), and expenses (amortization of film costs).
- Ensure that content-related transactions are appropriately recorded on a timely basis and in accordance with GAAP (ASU 920/926).
- Prepare monthly & quarterly journal entries and account reconciliations
- Review, process, and document content agreements, extracting relevant financial terms for Accounting and Forecasting
- Assist in the preparation of budgets and forecasts, both P&L and Cashflow
- Maintain necessary financial systems; ensure data is accurate and audit ready
- Help simplify and invent new ways to leverage systems to streamline the contract review and summarization process from ideation to execution and payout.
- Develop and improve internal processes for reporting performance on new and existing content deal structures, with a focus on scalability
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- 2+ years of overall Accounting/Finance experience.
- Experience in content accounting a plus.
- Budgeting and forecasting experience a plus.
- Comfortable in an evolving ecosystem of accounting issues and projects.
- Can identify and focus work on high-risk areas, prioritize, and resolve issues.
- Enthusiasm for complex problem-solving through financial modeling, data analysis and other statistical modeling
- Intellectually curious - not afraid to ask probing questions and challenge existing processes, to improve processes and own projects, automate manual workflows, and to have fun while doing it all.
- US GAAP and SOX controls understanding
- Advanced Excel skills, PowerPoint a plus
- Legally eligible to work in the United States