Join Tubi, a premium streaming service leading the charge in making entertainment accessible to all. With thousands of movies and TV shows from studios like Paramount, Lionsgate and MGM, we provide the largest catalog to millions of viewers, all for free. We are committed to building a workforce that reflects our globally diverse audience. We’re looking for great people who are creative thinkers, self-motivators and impact-makers with a passion to help us shape the future of TV.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Senior Scala Engineer to work on building low-latency services to serve machine learning models, work on sophisticated algorithms for ad delivery pacing and forecasting, improve the way we deploy and operate our services and even contribute to open source projects.
- The Scala Engineer will jump into an existing team and help build low-latency services
- Work with Micro services and Distributed systems while shipping quality code
- Build scalable highly performant services
- Partner with the Scala lead and other team members to brainstorm new features and initiatives for the future of the team
- Work on streaming services using Akka and gRPC
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of industry experience, 3+ of which with Scala
- A very deep understanding of distributed systems and fluency working with Scala
- A passion for continuously shipping quality code with good test coverage
- Proven track record of architecting, building and operating scalable, fault-tolerant and highly-performant services
- Previous experience working with Akka and gRPC