Join Tubi, a premium streaming service leading the charge in making entertainment accessible to all. With thousands of movies and TV shows from studios like Paramount, Lionsgate, and MGM, we provide the largest catalog to millions of viewers, all for free. We’re looking for great people who are creative thinkers, self-motivators and impact-makers with a passion to help us shape the future of TV.
About the role:
At Tubi, we bring best-in-class user experiences to millions of users across hundreds of unique devices, including gaming consoles such as Xbox and PlayStation, Smart TVs, cable boxes, Blu-ray Disc players and set-top boxes. As we scale, we’re looking for a Front End Tech Lead who can own and scale our ever-increasing, complex system of internal supporting systems. Our tools are the bedrock of operations and engineering at Tubi - they keep us running smoothly. As the first hire of this team, this is an opportunity to unify disparate architectures and tech stacks, to enable everyone across our entire technical organization.
- Lead, grow a team of software engineers and guide them towards exceptional technical solutions
- Create efficient and effective user experiences used by all engineering, business and operations teams
- Design, architect and implement tools & interfaces used to operate our business. Examples include an AdsManager that traffics hundreds of millions in revenue, a Content Management System to manage the world’s largest content library, an experimentation interface for our own experimentation engine, a control plane for our server infrastructure and many more.
- Building out and implementing processes for the creation and integration of new internal systems as needed
- Experienced with technical and people management
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of industry experience building software applications
- A passion for writing code and building high-quality, effective user experiences
- Strong communication skills and the ability to discuss technical ideas with engineers and business operators
- Familiarity with Typescript
- Deep understanding of the latest browser standards and improvements
- Experience with GraphQL and gRPC a strong plus
- A tight-knit team of passionate people and a tech-first business
- Autonomy and end-to-end ownership
- In addition to VC funding, Tubi generates healthy revenue
- We offer very competitive pay, equity, full medical, dental & vision benefits, catered lunch and dinner, and gym subsidies
- Opportunity for internal growth
- Flexible WFH policy
- Open PTO
*Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.