Join Tubi, a premium streaming service leading the charge in making entertainment accessible to all. With thousands of movies and TV shows from studios like Paramount, Lionsgate and MGM, we provide the largest catalog to millions of viewers, all for free. We are committed to building a workforce that reflects our globally diverse audience. We’re looking for great people who are creative thinkers, self-motivators and impact-makers with a passion to help us shape the future of TV.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Senior Corporate Counsel to assist with licensing agreements, working cross-functionally internally and with external parties. This role will have a direct impact on our product as we continue to scale our database of over 20,000 titles. You are well-seasoned within your career, and some that experience should have been in an in-house environment. In addition, you covert highly collaborative interpersonal skills, and take pride in personal excellence, displaying a high level of energy and possess a proven ability to thrive in an environment with frequently shifting priorities.
This person may reside in our San Francisco or New York office.
- Working cross-functionally to complete complex commercial and technology licensing agreements in support of Business Development, Marketing, Sales Operations and Engineering.
- Drafting and negotiating sales agreements with advertisers, agencies and third parties in support of sales and sales operations, while driving such contracts to close in a timely, pro-business manner. This may include negotiation of upfronts, master services agreements, technology and services agreements.
- Provides product counseling and compliance advice to Engineering and other teams as needed.
- Members of our team typically have a primary focus in one or two areas, but do work (and must be willing to do work) in other areas of transactional needs that we support: Sales and Commercial Contracts, Technology and Services Licensing, Product Compliance and Privacy
- JD received from a well-respected U.S. law school
- 8+ years legal experience required in technology and commercial licensing
- 3+ years of in-house legal department experience
- An excellent negotiator with strong influencing skills, experienced at drafting complex commercial and technology contracts
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex legal transactions and drive them to close amidst interdepartmental concerns
- Admission to the State Bar of California is preferred. Registered In-House Counsel is acceptable, provided the individual is licensed in at least one U.S. state
- In addition to VC funding, Tubi TV generates healthy revenue
- We offer company equity, full medical, dental & vision benefits, parental leave, catered lunch and dinner, and gym subsidies
- We encourage internal growth for all Tubi employees
- 9-paid holidays in addition to flexible PTO
Tubi is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.
Apply now - come work with with us!