Join Tubi, a premium streaming service leading the charge in making entertainment accessible to all. With thousands of movies and TV shows from studios like Paramount, Lionsgate and MGM, we provide the largest catalog to millions of viewers, all for free. We’re looking for great people who are creative thinkers, self-motivators and impact-makers with a passion to help us shape the future of TV.
About the Role:
The Senior Counsel Content and Licensing will be primarily focused on assisting the Content Acquisition team in the licensing of film and television content from major studios and independent content distributors and aggregators. The Senior Counsel will also assist the legal team with general licensing matters.
- Advise the content acquisition team on drafting, negotiation and other best practices for the acquisition of film and television content and the ongoing management of content partners.
Independently draft, review and negotiate content acquisition agreements and assist in resolution of related product matters.
Understand the product features of the Tubi service and all content ingestion and use, ad serving, reporting, DRM and other content-related issues to help streamline the content negotiation, acquisition and partner management processes.
Assist, where possible, with a wide variety of other types of agreements and licenses.
- J.D. (or foreign equivalent) with membership in at least one state bar
- 10+ years of legal experience
- 5+ years of in-house experience working for a major studio(s)
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills with superior negotiation and legal drafting skills
- Demonstrated experience providing advice in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment
- A tight-knit team of passionate people and a tech-first business
- Autonomy and end-to-end ownership
- In addition to VC funding, Tubi TV generates healthy revenue
- We offer very competitive pay, equity, full medical, dental & vision benefits, catered lunch and dinner, and gym subsidies
- Opportunity for internal growth
- Open PTO