Join Tubi, a premium streaming service leading the charge in making entertainment accessible to all. With thousands of movies and TV shows from studios like Paramount, Lionsgate and MGM, we provide the largest catalog to millions of viewers, all for free. We’re looking for great people who are creative thinkers, self-motivators and impact-makers with a passion to help us shape the future of TV.
About the Role:
We are seeking an experienced Staff Accountant to be responsible for the accounts payable and accounts receivables process. Working closely with the Controller and Senior Accountant, primary responsibilities will include the processing of monthly content partner payouts, monthly ad sales billings, and weekly trade payables. The ideal candidate should also be comfortable using Quickbooks, Netsuite and standard programs such as Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
- Fully own and deeply understand the monthly content cost payment process, which includes partners with multiple revenue share agreements such as:
- Standard revenue share partners, Non-standard revenue share partners (minimum guarantees, licensing, etc) & Platform partners
- Review, analyze, and respond to payment inquiries and perform statement of account reconciliations and work closely with Content Partner support to resolve payment issues as needed
- Trade Accounts Payable – Receive all incoming invoices, obtain approvals, enter into Quickbooks/Netsuite, prepare weekly accounts payable listing, identify vendors for payment, insure timely accurate payment of vendor invoices.
- Ensure that expenses, including employee reimbursements, are processed accurately and timely, including verifying the correct general ledger codes and required approvals
- Generate accounts payable checks and wires upon request
- Gain an understanding of the digital advertising sales process from inception and planning to billing and collection, fully own the monthly billing process and work with the AdOps team to adjust invoices and issue credit memos to expedite client payment
- Calculate, post, and balance accounts receivable ledgers and assist with collections
- Assist in driving the AP/AR processes with improvements, ensuring the team can scale with the company’s growth
- 3 years of relevant accounting experience in public accounting & 3 years in tech/startup accounting environment
- Broad knowledge of general ledger treatment for AP, Accruals and AR transactions. You will be expected to own a number of processes.
- Exhibit strong problem-solving skills and an ability to lead assigned processes
- Excellent communication, time management and organizational skills
- Strong understanding of both financial and operational controls
- Ability to partner cross-functionally across various departments
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced, hyper growth environment (at times without existing structure or formal policies.) Able to “think on their feet”
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Quickbooks and Netsuite experience necessary
- A tight-knit team of passionate people and a tech-first business
- Autonomy and end-to-end ownership
- In addition to VC funding, Tubi TV generates healthy revenue
- We offer very competitive pay, equity, full medical, dental & vision benefits, catered lunch and dinner, and gym subsidies
- Your choice of hardware
- Opportunity for internal growth
- Open PTO
*Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.