Join Tubi, a premium streaming service leading the charge in making entertainment accessible to all. With thousands of movies and TV shows from studios like Paramount, Lionsgate and MGM, we provide the largest catalog to millions of viewers, all for free. We’re looking for great people who are creative thinkers, self-motivators and impact-makers with a passion to help us shape the future of TV.
About the Role:
We’re looking for a hands-on candidate who can leverage their prior personalization/ad tech experience and lead a team of data and machine learning engineers. Some of the problems your team will tackle include R&D on sophisticated recommender systems, building stochastic optimization models to determine the correct ad load for each user, help our studio partners determine what kind of movies/shows they should produce next, implement low-latency model serving infrastructure and many more. This candidate needs to be a strong leader to help build out the team and create a culture of mathematical rigor, experimentation and efficient & effective iteration.
• MSc or PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Physics or related field
• 5+ years of industry experience in a data related role
• Hands on experience with at least two of the following areas: recommender systems, reinforcement learning, contextual bandits, RNNs (LSTM, GRU, etc), non-linear optimization, learning to rank
• Ability to easily go from idea to working prototype in Python and/or Scala. Previous experience with Apache Spark is a plus
• Experience in a previous leadership role
• A tight-knit team of passionate people and a tech-first business
• Autonomy and end-to-end ownership
• In addition to VC funding, Tubi TV generates healthy revenue
• We offer very competitive pay, equity, full medical, dental & vision benefits, catered lunch and dinner, and gym subsidies
• Open PTO
*Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.