Join Tubi, a premium streaming service leading the charge in making entertainment accessible to all. With thousands of movies and TV shows from studios like Paramount, Lionsgate and MGM, we provide the largest catalog to millions of viewers, all for free. We’re looking for great people who are creative thinkers, self-motivators and impact-makers with a passion to help us shape the future of TV.
About the role:
In this Data Engineering role, you will work closely with product engineering teams and data scientists to tackle problems in personalization, content discovery, search, advertising and content production. Some of the challenges you will take on will include streamlining feature engineering, helping data scientists take machine learning models in production and enabling data science research and analysis even amongst non-scientists in the company.
- Design, implement and build ETL pipelines that deliver data with measurable quality
- Understand the data needs, including schema, frequency of the data (either streaming, daily, hourly etc) by interacting with machine learning engineers and data scientists
- Develop Scala (or equivalent) scripts to generate enriched tables or logs using distributed scalable platforms (Databricks)
- Interact with client engineers to discuss granularity of details of the request
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of a proven track record in a data engineering or related role.
- Ability to take ownership of the design, implementation, and maintenance of scalable end to end data pipelines.
- Ability to quickly evaluate and make trade-off decisions on adopting emerging technologies.
- Strong knowledge of Scala and Apache Spark 2.0+.
- Building real-time data pipelines using Redshift, S3, Kinesis, Spark structured streaming, Akka streams, and similar stacks on leading cloud platforms.
- Experience with DAG workflow schedulers like Airflow.
- A passion for shipping production quality code with good test coverage using testing frameworks for testing Spark code.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to interpret and analyze data is a must. Consequently, mathematical inclination is a major plus.
- A tight-knit team of passionate people and a tech-first business
- Autonomy and end-to-end ownership
- In addition to VC funding, Tubi generates healthy revenue
- We offer very competitive pay, equity, full medical, dental & vision benefits, catered lunch and dinner, and gym subsidies
- Work with other fellow AVOD enthusiasts
- Opportunity for internal growth
- Open PTO
*Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.