The Senior Frontend Engineer works on the company web sites, FireTV, Sony TV, Samsung TV, Play Station4/3, and other html5 based OTT apps. The position is responsible for our internal content management system; Optimize frontend infrastructure; and, improving the quality and efficiency of the development process. Work from home may be permissible for this position.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, a related field, or foreign equivalent;
- Minimum three (3) years as a Frontend Software Engineer or in a related position;
- Knowledge of and trouble-shooting cross-browser compatibility issues;
- Knowledge of browser internals, including networking and how the rendering cycle works;
- Knowledge of low-end devices and old browsers/render engines (e.g.: Trident, Webkit, Blink or Presto);
- Experience with video players and HTML5;
- Knowledge of Git, Nginx, Ubuntu and Shell;
- Solid understanding of functional programming, object-oriented programming and CS foundations;
- Experience with video and video playback; and,
- 25% domestic travel required.
Why work here?
- A tight-knit team of passionate people and a tech-first business
- Autonomy and end-to-end ownership
- In addition to VC funding, Tubi TV generates healthy revenue
- We offer very competitive pay, equity, full medical, dental & vision benefits, catered lunch and dinner, gym subsidies and your choice of hardware
- Work with other fellow AVOD enthusiasts
- Opportunity for internal growth
To apply, mail resume to ATTN: Morrison/HR, Job Code 387301, Tubi Inc, 315 Montgomery Street, 11th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94104
*Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.