Join Tubi and reinvent the way consumers consume movies and TV! With over 8,500 active movies & TV shows, our users are watching millions of hours of the world's largest free catalog of premium content per month. With backing from leading VC firms, and content partners like MGM, Paramount and Lionsgate, we are disrupting the streaming media space. A new member to the Inc. 500, we are one of the fastest growing private companies in the world, and we’re looking forward to our continued growth with the help of a new Data Science leader!
What you’ll be doing:
We are looking for an experienced Director of Data Science to lead the Company’s Data Science team. You will play a leadership role interacting with other Tubi executives on a weekly basis helping translate business problems into an analytical framework. You will also be expected to champion the use of data-driven decision making, own the Data Science Roadmap, improve on existing processes, provide thought leadership, and partner closely with the ML and Engineering teams. This role will need a high level of experience leading teams and communicating effectively with other stakeholders throughout the business.
Some of the tasks your team will tackle include A/B testing, product and marketing analytics, predictive modeling, customer profiling and segmentation, data visualization, and tracking LTV. You will also be able to lead the charge recruiting, analyzing, and hiring key members of the team while working closely with the recruiting team.
- MSc or PhD(Preferred) in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Physics or related field
- 6+ years of industry experience in a data related role
- 4+ years of experience writing scalable code
- Experience leading high performing Data Science teams
- Hands on experience with at least two of the following areas: recommender systems, reinforcement learning, contextual bandits, RNNs (LSTM, GRU, etc), non-linear optimization, learning to rank
- Ability to easily go from idea to working prototype in Python and/or Scala.
- Previous experience with Apache Spark
- Expert in statistics and/or machine learning
Why work here?
- A tight-knit team of passionate people and a tech-first business
- Autonomy and end-to-end ownership
- In addition to VC funding, Tubi TV generates healthy revenue
- We offer very competitive pay, equity, full medical, dental & vision benefits, catered lunch and dinner, gym subsidies and your choice of hardware
- Work with other fellow AVOD enthusiasts
- Opportunity for internal growth