Be a part of the industry-leading and fastest-growing streaming service that’s changing and shaping the way you look at TV. With over 20 million users worldwide and over 8,500 active movies and tv shows from partners such as MGM, Paramount and Lionsgate, Tubi takes pride In making entertainment accessible to all by providing a free ad-supported on demand streaming service. Come join one of the fastest growing companies in America!
About the role:
We are looking for a Scala Engineer to work on building low-latency services to serve machine learning models, work on sophisticated algorithms for ad delivery pacing and forecasting, improve the way we deploy and operate our services and even contribute to open source projects.
- The Scala Engineer will jump into an existing team and help build low-latency services
- Work with Micro services and Distributed systems while shipping quality code
- Build scalable highly performant services
- Partner with the Scala lead and other team members to brainstorm new features and initiatives for the future of the team
- Work on streaming services using Akka and gRPC
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of industry experience, 2+ of which with Scala
- A very deep understanding of distributed systems and fluency working with Scala
- A passion for continuously shipping quality code with good test coverage
- Proven track record of architecting, building and operating scalable, fault-tolerant and highly-performant services
- Previous experience working with Akka and gRPC
- A tight-knit team of passionate people and a tech-first business
- Autonomy and end-to-end ownership
- In addition to VC funding, Tubi TV generates healthy revenue
- We offer very competitive pay, equity, full medical, dental & vision benefits, catered lunch and dinner, and gym subsidies
- Your choice of hardware
- Opportunity for internal growth
- Open PTO
*Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.