Join Tubi and reinvent the way consumers consume movies and TV! With over 8,500 active movies & TV shows, our users are watching millions of hours of the world's largest free catalog of premium content per month. With backing from leading VC firms, and content partners like MGM, Paramount and Lionsgate, we are disrupting the streaming media space.
Tubi is a data-centric company, from product roadmap decisions to algorithms that power our services to what shows we license, data and experimentation are at the center. We are looking for engineers passionate about building scalable, high throughput data infrastructure as well as tools to enable rapid iteration of machine learning algorithms.
About the role:
In this Data Engineering role, you will work closely with product engineering teams and data scientists to tackle problems in personalization, content discovery, search, advertising and content production. Some of the challenges you will take on will include streamlining feature engineering, helping data scientists take machine learning models in production and enabling data science research and analysis even amongst non-scientists in the company.
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science or related field
- 2+ years of a proven track record in a data engineering or related role.
- Ability to take ownership of the design, implementation, and maintenance of scalable end to end data pipelines.
- Ability to quickly evaluate and make trade-off decisions on adopting emerging technologies.
- Strong knowledge of Scala and Apache Spark 2.0+.
- Building real-time data pipelines using Redshift, S3, Kinesis, Spark structured streaming, Akka streams, and similar stacks on leading cloud platforms.
- Experience with DAG workflow schedulers like Airflow.
- A passion for shipping production quality code with good test coverage using testing frameworks for testing Spark code.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to interpret and analyze data is a must. Consequently, mathematical inclination is a major plus.
- A tight-knit team of passionate people and a tech-first business
- Autonomy and end-to-end ownership
- In addition to VC funding, Tubi TV generates healthy revenue
- We offer very competitive pay, equity, full medical, dental & vision benefits, catered lunch and dinner, and gym subsidies
- Your choice of hardware
- Work with other fellow AVOD enthusiasts
- Opportunity for internal growth
- Open PTO
*Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.