Join Tubi, a premium streaming service leading the charge in making entertainment accessible to all. With thousands of movies and TV shows from studios like Paramount, Lionsgate and MGM, we provide the largest catalog to millions of viewers, all for free. We’re looking for great people who are creative thinkers, self-motivators and impact-makers with a passion to help us shape the future of TV.
About the role:
We are looking for a Director of Design to lead the Product and Brand/Creative design efforts of one of the fastest growing companies in the US. Tubi is a leading AVOD streaming service and is well-positioned to define the future of TV. The ideal candidate will have at least 6 years of experience working with a team of designers and has a proven track record of delivering beautiful and engaging user experiences. Additionally, the ideal candidate has experience leading and growing a team of designers.
- The Director of Design will lead the evolution of the Tubi visual brand and design language
- Evolving the existing a style guide and owning the design principles that will inform the design and personality of all Tubi TV products
- Presenting design ideas and communicate design rationale
- Partner with product management in the design of user interfaces for applications and web properties in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
- This may include creation of wireframes and prototypes to aid ideation as well as delivering pixel-perfect visual specification documents as guides for engineers
- Partner closely with the Head of Marketing to influence brand and creative strategy
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of experience working in a Product Design/UX department
- 6+ years launching successful consumer-facing applications and/or websites
- 2+ years managing a team of designers
- Ability to articulate and convince regarding the “why” of design decisions
- Demonstrates excellent use of typography, iconography, color, imagery, and graphic elements
- Experience crafting design systems and brand/style-guides
- A tight-knit team of passionate people and a tech-first business
- Autonomy and end-to-end ownership
- In addition to VC funding, Tubi generates healthy revenue
- We offer very competitive pay, equity, full medical, dental & vision benefits, catered lunch and dinner, and gym subsidies
- Opportunity for internal growth
- Open PTO
*Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.