Join Tubi, a premium streaming service leading the charge in making entertainment accessible to all. With thousands of movies and TV shows from studios like Paramount, Lionsgate and MGM, we provide the largest catalog to millions of viewers, all for free. We’re looking for great people who are creative thinkers, self-motivators and impact-makers with a passion to help us shape the future of TV.
About the role:
We are searching for a talented and passionate Lead Platform Engineer with distributed systems knowledge to join our team! In this role, you will work closely with product engineering teams to build flexible APIs that enable rapid iteration and experimentation of our end user experience. You will continue improving our horizontally scalable video transcoding infrastructure that can utilize thousands of CPU cores to quickly transcode petabytes of video content. You will also lead greenfield development to enable real-time video transcoding and packaging for our ad creatives. When you are not busy working on one of the open source Elixir projects we sponsor (example), you will evaluate emerging technologies that can improve our development efficiency. You will have the opportunity to learn Elixir in this hands on leadership role.
- Lead and grow the team, mentor junior engineers
- Build and maintain high-performance, fault-tolerant and horizontally scalable services
- Work with product engineers to design flexible yet straightforward APIs to be consumed by one of our 20+ platforms
- Improve the throughput, latency and reliability of our services
- Design and implement new systems to better serve the Tubi audience
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science or related field
- 5 years of industry experience,
- Fluency with Ruby, Scala, Rust, Haskell, or Elixir
- Functional Programming
- Very robust understanding of distributed systems engineering
- Proven track record of architecting, building fault-tolerant, high-availability, scalable services.
- Experience with any of gRPC, Envoy, GraphQL, or Erlang OTP is a strong plus
- A tight-knit team of passionate people and a tech-first business
- Autonomy and end-to-end ownership
- In addition to VC funding, Tubi generates healthy revenue
- We offer very competitive pay, equity, full medical, dental & vision benefits, catered lunch and dinner, and gym subsidies
- Opportunity for internal growth
- Open PTO
*Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.