Join Tubi, the industry-leading and fastest-growing streaming service that is revolutionizing the future of TV! With over 8,500 active movies & TV shows, our users are watching millions of hours monthly from the world's largest free AVOD catalog. Backed by leading VC firms, and working with partners such as MGM, Paramount and Lionsgate, we are continuing to make entertainment accessible to all.
As a top ad-supported video on demand streaming service, Tubi takes pride in using technology to help audiences quickly and easily discover content they would enjoy. We leverage our in-house video transcoding infrastructure and API service mesh to deliver deeply personalized experiences to each and every one of our users.
About the role:
We are searching for a talented and passionate Platform Engineer with prior Elixir knowledge to join our team! In this role, you will work closely with product engineering teams to build flexible APIs that enable rapid iteration and experimentation of our end user experience. You will continue improving our horizontally scalable video transcoding infrastructure that can utilize thousands of CPU cores to quickly transcode petabytes of video content. You will also lead greenfield development to enable real-time video transcoding and packaging for our ad creatives. When you are not busy working on one of the open source Elixir projects we sponsor (example), you will evaluate emerging technologies that can improve our development efficiency.
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science or related field
- 6 years of industry experience, 1+ of which with Elixir or Erlang
- Fluency with either of Elixir or Erlang.
- Very robust understanding of distributed systems engineering and experience with Erlang OTP
- Proven track record of architecting, building fault-tolerant, high-availability, scalable services.
- Experience with any of gRPC, Envoy, GraphQL a strong plus
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead and grow the team, mentor junior engineers
- Build and maintain high-performance, fault-tolerant and horizontally scalable services
- Work with product engineers to design flexible yet straightforward APIs to be consumed by one of our 20+ platforms
- Improve the throughput, latency and reliability of our services
- Design and implement new systems to better serve the Tubi audience
Why work here?
- A tight-knit team of passionate people and a tech-first business
- Autonomy and end-to-end ownership
- In addition to VC funding, Tubi TV generates healthy revenue
- We offer very competitive pay, equity, full medical, dental & vision benefits, catered lunch and dinner, gym subsidies and your choice of hardware
- Work with other fellow AVOD enthusiasts
- Opportunity for internal growth