Join Tubi and change the way people watch movies and TV! With over 8,000 active movies & TV shows, our users are watching millions of hours from the world's largest free catalog of premium content per month. With backing from leading VC firms, and working with partners such as MGM, Paramount and Lionsgate, we are disrupting the streaming media space.
We are looking for a Director of Communications who knows how to make things happen. You are enthusiastic, creative and know how to make a measurable impact. The Director of Communications will lead all media development, relationships, strategy and selling. In this role you will be the most senior advisor to the Head of Marketing to assist in strategy build out and implementation across the organization. This role will be responsible for developing the media and communication strategy for any new campaigns and communicating real time news events that will lead to positive media coverage. The right candidate for this role will have the ability to think strategically as well as the ability to act tactically. You will also need to have the ability to think on your toes and perform your daily tasks with very little supervision.
- Communications or Journalism degree from an accredited university preferred ( I wouldn’t say BA – for example, I went to journalism school and have a BS in Communication…)
- Combination of agency and in house experience
- 10+ years of communication, public relations, social media and/or brand development experince
- Experience working directly with C-Level executives to build out communication strategy and drive executive visibility
- Startup and/or Entertainment industry experience preferred
- Focus on driving measurable impact for communication investment
- Media relations background, preferably in start-up and entertainment; Strong existing relationships with national, regional, and trade media
- Agency and partner management experience
- Ability to develop strategic communication plan for executives, employees and brand
- Issues and reputation management experience.
- Ability to implement programming in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Impeccable writing and editing skills, applied to deliver clear, simple and cohesive prose under perpetual deadline
Why work here?
- Be the “second in command” for creating and building a new and emerging marketing department
- Help build the future of TV
- A tight-knit team of passionate people and a tech-first, data-driven business
- In addition to VC funding, Tubi TV generates healthy revenue.
- We offer very competitive pay, equity, full medical, dental & vision benefits, catered lunch and dinner, gym subsidies and your choice of hardware
- Open PTO
*Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.